X

pitbull "new front" stand?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pitbull "new front" stand?

so i bought a NewFront stand today, i went to use it and saw it doesnt have a standard pin on it. it has an 8S pin which is totally different than the 'standard pin'. i try to lift and the stand touchs my front fairings so i didnt try it. im wondering if i had the standard pin would it work without touching the fairings? or am i just stuck having to pull the sides and front plastics off to use the stand....?
    03 katanika

You need the proper pin, yes....

Comment

Originally posted by Dee Dub
      You need the proper pin, yes....
      i hate dealers... the pin fits Into the steering stem, but going by the pics on pitbulls site the pins are totally different. mine is ment for an 06 R6 Only, its really short and stubby compared to the standard pin...
      03 katanika

Comment

Yeah, when I bought mine, of course it didn't come with the pin I needed....extra cost.

Also, the wife's SV is different size (of course...), mo money...

Comment

I have the pit bull stand and it will work great, with the proper pin of course I guess I was lucky - mine came with the correct pin.

I've had it for quite a while and it's done me well. I think once you have the pin you need you'll be very happy with your choice of stand.

Good luck!
          ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

ya the stand looks really cool, im not regretting the stand at all. just regretting buying it at a dealer. i just got off the phone with them, took 15 minutes for the guy to realize the Stand is right but the Pin is wrong. it wouldnt be an issue at all if i Needed the non-standard pin, then sure id have to order it....

the guy at the shop had no clue what i was talking about until he looked at it in the catalog i guess. then he says he has to call pitbull then get back to me, either way its going to take a good 5 days to get the right pin ; \. when i go to pick it up im going to have to speak with the manager about some sort of compensation for all the run around ive been through(it took 3 days to get the stand even after they said id have it the same day!)

i think its BS though i buy a stand assuming it will come with the Standard Pin(which fits the kat). only to get it home and see i have some weird pin that only fits an R6. most likely someone ordered it with that pin then never picked it up and noone at the shop realized it was special order. i doubt pitpull ships the stand without the standard pin normally.

im just glad i checked the pin number before i started pulling all my fairings off to try and make it work that way....
            03 katanika

Comment

You do know that you can call Pit-Bull yourself. Just go to www.pit-bull.com You will need the standard pin. They may even send it to you for free since the dealer is a dumb arse and can not read the paper that comes with pit bull stands. If they do not have the list of pins fit which bike pit bull will fax them a copy.
              www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020
                You do know that you can call Pit-Bull yourself. Just go to www.pit-bull.com You will need the standard pin. They may even send it to you for free since the dealer is a dumb arse and can not read the paper that comes with pit bull stands. If they do not have the list of pins fit which bike pit bull will fax them a copy.
                i already emailed pitbull as its friday i wont get any action done anyways till monday. i was hoping the dealer would fix it since it was There fault.
                03 katanika

Comment

Originally posted by iwannadie
                  Originally posted by HS2020
                  i already emailed pitbull as its friday i wont get any action done anyways till monday. i was hoping the dealer would fix it since it was There fault.

you could ask them, and you might get lucky. But chances are they'll try and get more money out of you or tell you it will take forever and a day to get the extra part.

Comment

Working...
                  X