X

Cup holder for the Kat?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cup holder for the Kat?

So I had to hit Dunkin Donuts this morning on the bike. Got a large coffee and then had to go the rest of the way to work.

I stuck the coffee between the handle-bar/fork area on the right side. My brake line from brake reservoir insured it wouldn't drop down. So long as I didn't need to do any SHARP turns, it was fine. I figured worse case scenario is I do need to take a slow, sharp turn and I crack the cup and lose the coffee. Might be better if I had a hard plastic cup to carry it there.

Anyone do anything like this/have alternate solutions?
    '95 Suzuki GSXF Katana 600
    PurpleonBlack

I think, so much, about stopping to get me some DD Iced Coffee in the morning on my bike. I contemplated once putting them in my back pack. A cup holder would be sweet. *Sip Sip* at the Stop Light. Mmmm. Human Fuel.

Comment

Duh, put the coffee in a thermos if you don't have it at work. Put the thermos in a backpack.
      I wouldn't be so paranoid... if everyone wasn't out to get me.

Comment

they make cup holders! i saw it at my local yamaha dealer

Comment

Originally posted by shefkat2000
          Duh, put the coffee in a thermos if you don't have it at work. Put the thermos in a backpack.
          If Dunkin Donuts would sell their coffee in a thermos I'd be all about it. Carrying a thermos with me to dump it in is to many steps in the morning. I'm lucky to put on matching socks let alone do that.

Comment

Oh for crying out loud!!
            By a Vulcan!!

I use a thermos..
            I trust no ones coffee but my own..
            (D&D and Starbucks use mind control drugs)

Comment

friend of mine told me this story. he went over to a friends house to pick a her up. as she answered the door she handed him a cup he grabbed it and they got on the bike. he stuck it in a similar spot on his bars not worrying cause it had a lid and straw. as hes riding he starts to smell alchoal... whatever the drink was it started flying out of the straw all over his face. he didnt drink it of course but he was covered in alchoal and turned around and went back in fear of being pulled over and trying to explain that one lol
              03 katanika

Comment

Um......WHAT!?

Comment

Maybe we'll get all the perks when Goldwing makes a sports bike.

Comment

He said PERKS!

Comment

I effectively have built in cup holders -- cups and bottles fit nice and snug between my givi racks and the rear body panels... Malloc has his cargo net wrapped around the seat (hooked to itself under the seat itself, rather than hooked to the bike) and the way he has it, he can easily carry a cup of soda or coffee from the local McD's or other fast-food resteraunt.

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

WTG Macguver. Sounds like I'm going to have to try that out.

Perks perks perks

Comment

Originally posted by Looneybonics
                          Originally posted by shefkat2000
                          If Dunkin Donuts would sell their coffee in a thermos I'd be all about it. Carrying a thermos with me to dump it in is to many steps in the morning. I'm lucky to put on matching socks let alone do that.
                          Then perhaps bike-commuting is the LAST thing you should be doing ....
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I've seen Harley riders going down the highway with a beer inbetween their legs.
                            05 GSX-600
                            89 zx750r
                            04 Honda TRX-450

Comment

A cupholder on a bike? I guess you'll be getting an ashtray next!
                              "If they think you're crude, go technical. If they think you're technical, go crude."

Comment

Working...
                              X