X

My friends first real ride

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friends first real ride

I have a friend at work who bought a 91 honda rebel 250 a couple months ago. with much prodding from me she took the msf course two weeks ago and got her liscense. she told me yesterday that she was planning to ride to work today and was quite nervous about it as its a 25 mile trip and she'd never really ridden alone in traffic. I offered to meet her on her way in (about 5 miles out of my way and in the opposite direction I go) so she wouldn't be alone. we met at 6am this morning. it was quite chilly and she didn't prepare for it, but toughed it out. after a brief lesson on group riding ettiquite we headed in. she did great but was very nervous. we went pretty slowly. it was kinda funny all the cages passing us. but she made it fine and was stoked when we got here. I think I am going to hang around (she gets off an hour and a half later than me) so she can follow me home.

That's awesome. It's always comforting to have someone ride with you.
    Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

Good for you. You two seem like REAL friends. Hope the ride home is safe and fun.
      I wouldn't be so paranoid... if everyone wasn't out to get me.

Comment

you friend is courageous. When I start riding, I rode for like a week around the subdivision. I never had the courage to ride on the main road, until I ran out of gas...

Comment

Yeah, I had two fellow bike club riders accompany me for my first stint on the interstate. It makes a difference in your confidence level having someone else there.
          What the deuce!?!

Comment

Good job!!!
            It's always a good idea to help a newbie out. I sure makes their intro into bike rides much smoother.
            2005 Aprilia RST1000
            2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
            1998 Chevy Tahoe
            www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

I think this was nice, but notice how he's helping her out. Something tells me this wasn't a purely altruistic deed
              ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE1000
                you friend is courageous. When I start riding, I rode for like a week around the subdivision. I never had the courage to ride on the main road, until I ran out of gas...
                LOL haha im about to be in the same boat! lol. but i dont have the m lisence yet. but i got my permit yesturday. hehe

Comment

Re: My friends first real ride

Originally posted by katana bob
                  I think I am going to hang around so she can follow me home.
                  If she follows you home will your mom let you keep her??

Good on ya for being such a good sport!

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow2002Kat
                    I think this was nice, but notice how he's helping her out. Something tells me this wasn't a purely altruistic deed
                    what are you trying to say? that my good deed wasn't just out of the kindness of my heart?

actually it was. we are good friends, both married. I was just trying to watch out for her.

now where did I put the deed to that bridge

Comment

I don't know where you put the deed to the bridge, but there's still plenty of...uh...let's call it waterfront property for sale down here if interested
                      ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Originally posted by victor
                        Originally posted by JohnE1000
                        LOL haha im about to be in the same boat! lol. but i dont have the m lisence yet. but i got my permit yesturday. hehe
                        i hear ya i got my permit tuesday. And thats what friends are there for to help you in times of need.
                        Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

I rode the interstate yesterday for the first time. It's Houston so its a pretty big interstate. I was going to ride the access road but my buddy I was riding with told me not to be dumb (in some other words) It was good having him there for the first time and it was pretty fun too.

Comment

way to help out, the first heavy traffic ride can be pretty nerve racking. wish i had someone to follow my first time, i figured i couldnt stay on the back roads forever and went for it, no one died.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

I found riding with friends not only increased my confidence, but also allowed me to learn more about riding by watching and learning from them.

So.... Is she hot, and can we see some pics?
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X