No announcement yet.
X

Stopped at red lights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the light "The Look of Dissapproval" works pretty good for me.
    Some folks don't realize they are so close to you and when they realize they are bothering you they back off. The rest are just jerks.

I have heard of guys carrying coins or marbles though but that seems like going through a lot of trouble.

I just find a way to get away from them. A good way is to catch the next light on purpose so that you are first in line. Then just take off.
    Race On The Track ... Never On The Street

Comment

I've heard of the marbles thing too, but used mostly "on the roll" so that all you have to do is drop one and it'll skip and flink up and dent their car or break the windshield. Throwing a marble at a stop light would just be funny.

Comment

Mojoe wrote
        I was doing 120 on the hwy....in the left lane....passing the slower traffic while following 2 other cars when this dickhead with ontario plates comes right up on my ass in a bmw. I mean so close that I could not see any of his front end out my rearview.
        Hey Mojoe, you sure it was an Ontario plate, cause every Ontario driver I see here in Quebec sits in the passing lane doing 50mph and won't move for shiate
        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

It's worse in Florida... at least from about Gainesville south... esp. if the driver hasn't driven elsewhere (got the license in FL and stayed here for the most part) No hills and 95% of traffic having automatic transmissions, they don't realize that
          (A) Things with manual transmissions can roll backwards;
          (B) The following car is at fault if the manual-tranny vehicle rolls backwards less than a few feet and strikes them.

There was a time that I thought about simply welding a nice spike on the back bumper of my (then) car, so I could puncture radiators all day. The problem isn't unique to motorcycles here -- I get people up on the arse of my Audi all the time too, even on the few sloped business driveways/exits we have...

That said, San Francisco blew my mind when the automatic nissan I rented started rolling backwards in drive between the brake and hitting the gas... I took it back to the rental agency and got a manual just to feel safer!

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Protecting life and limb is the paramount objective here. Pissing cagers off isn't a good idea. You never know what lunatic is behind the wheel. Whether they are right or wrong, they have the winning hand. If they decide to use their car as a weapon just because you tossed something at them, you are most likely to come out on the losing end.
            When a car sits too close to me at a light, I will give them the"look," but that is about the extent of it. If they don't get it, I try to get them in front of me. Provoking a cager is never a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by SKNL2
              Protecting life and limb is the paramount objective here. Pissing cagers off isn't a good idea. You never know what lunatic is behind the wheel. Whether they are right or wrong, they have the winning hand. If they decide to use their car as a weapon just because you tossed something at them, you are most likely to come out on the losing end.
              When a car sits too close to me at a light, I will give them the"look," but that is about the extent of it. If they don't get it, I try to get them in front of me. Provoking a cager is never a good idea.
              +1

If you're going to do some 'modifications' to their vehicle, make sure it's on the fly and that you have a perfect escape route.

lol (I know that's not what it says.)
              My Karma ran over my Dogma.

Comment

just bring a BB Gun with u. use the metal pelets. First just pull it out. if he still tailgates let him pass then spray him some pellets when ur behind. hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by seypea
                  yupps, one of my pet peeves. usually a good turn and stare works for me, people get pretty intimidated by bikers. if it doesn't I can mess w/ them for a while and it helps me get by the day
                  i havent ridden my bike in traffic yet, but that always works in my car. when i get a tail-gater be it at a stop light, or on the highway, i make sure i can see them, and i'll just turn around so i'm staring right at them, then i'll mouth some obscenities to make sure they know i'm bothered by it, and most of the time it cools them off. i think on the bike especially at a stop sign i'll do the same, just turn flip up the helmet shield and tell'em to back off. it doesnt matter if they hear me or not, but as long as they get the idea is what really counts. something i was taught in the basic rider course was to use your hand to tell them to back off (not the middle finger, lol) but like your doing the hand signal for stop except waive it backwards, in effect a motion saying back-off. on a side note even before i got my motorcycle liscence or my bike i always gave motorcyclists alot of room. mostly because alot of riders around here drive too fast and too dangerously, and i couldnt predict what their next move was.

Comment

funny thing is yesterday i was on the freeway in carpool going about 85, then this fool drives up behind me and flashes, (mind you up on my ass), I about lost it .... first i breaked and slowed down to about 70, turned around and flicked him off while obviously voicing some displeasure....(now I know not smart but I was reading the car, ready to bone out if needed), guys in the car got scared i thinkand slowed way down, I sped back up and continued. we hit traffic less then a minute later , so he was once again behind me, (not tailgating this time), i turn again flipped my hello finger and lane split my merry way. God I hate some drivers.........................
                    Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Comment

your doin 85, and he flashes his high beams at you!? what more could he want!? i guess speed limits vary, but around here rt.95 only gets up to 65mph (legally), so i'd say you were doin alright.

Comment

yeah, that's what really pissed me off, i was doing 85ish and speed limit was 65 so that is what peeved me..... plus its a frickin solid yellow, what the hell was I supposed to do cut out just so he could pass and break the law (sure I do it all the time, but he doesn't know it, or can expect it). mother frigger i tell ya
                        Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Comment

I hate tailgaters. especially at lights. I was out today and it happened many times. I swear it is like they are trying to get as close as possible without touching you. It was really getting to me today, I am not sure why but I was getting more pissed than normal.
                          RichC4
                          2000 Katana 600
                          Quote from my buddy who bought a 2005 Ducati after riding my Kat "I don't get it, why is your bike more fun"

Comment

Happens in TX too. Not too much you can do about it but the police/sherrif's sticker on the back has helped
                            An Ole man once said:"It is better to be thought a fool because of silence, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt"

Comment

I LOVE when people do that while I'm in the car . I mess with them . First I'll inch forward and see if they do the same . If so , I'll JUMP forward a couple feet , then throw it into reverse and jump BACK just as they go to creep forward . Usually gets their attention . And I LOVE rolling backwards on the hills and getting RIGHT on someone's bumper . I know my car pretty well , so even on the steepest hills , I can get moving with even losing an inch . Stupid drivers MUST be edumacated , and I have no problem being the one to do it .
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Oh yes....some very good ideas for a situation that annoys the hell outta me. I usually just turn around and give them a questionable shrug. It backs em up.

www.3dflag.com

Comment

Working...
                                X