No announcement yet.
X

Stopped at red lights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh man...touchy subject for me. i hate tailgaters with a passion, and it takes me very little time to let them know just how I feel. just last week I was doing 120 on the hwy....in the left lane....passing the slower traffic while following 2 other cars when this dickhead with ontario plates comes right up on my ass in a bmw. I mean so close that I could not see any of his front end out my rearview. like I said in some previous posts....I am not afraid one bit to stand on the brakes. and that is exactly what I did. man...did that ever piss him off. so i made him even madder by slowing down to the speed limit, but stayed in the left lane. i just would not let him by. must have did a good 10 miles like that. he was shaking his fist and screaming something at me. finally i let him by...and his bitch give me the finger.

the jerks....I hate them with a passion, and will get right off my bike in traffic if I have to.....but being 6'1 and a fair size.....with a psycho look on my face usually means the window is rolled up and the door is locked. but they still hear me when I say "stay the fuck off my ass". but that is to the extreme. more often than not a good stare will get the point across. in 20 years, i would say i have around a dozen "confrontations" with tailgaters. one accident involved.

Nope....I have no tolorence for that bs at all.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

actually, it is getting so bad here that I am really contemplating doing what someone else mentioned on here a while ago...and that is carry some good size ball bearings in my tank bag. one of those in the center of the windshield will make them think twice. kinda hard for them to prove anything. just say "that must have been what I fely my tire go over...and it must have shot up into your windshield...sorry...road hazard....not my fault".
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

yupps, one of my pet peeves. usually a good turn and stare works for me, people get pretty intimidated by bikers. if it doesn't I can mess w/ them for a while and it helps me get by the day
        Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Comment

Yeah< iget it all the time to. I just give em a look, rev it up a lot like I'm crazy and then hold the rpms around 6 or 7 (v&h exhaust) and tap the brake a lot. My freind has a 05 kaw ninja 600 with full exhaust and a rev limiter and he'll just hold it down and scare everybody around us.
          Is that your bike outside? I ride.... competitively.

Comment

i hate it too...i've actually had ALOT of people HONK at me for not running a red light that had been red for too long as i didnt trigger it. I go thru them in the middle of the night when they do that..but not in broad daylight. GO AROUND ME WHORES!!
            " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

ermm a4cruiser i would hope the KAT has a rev limiter as all vehicales pretty much do these day even my old 93 kat had one

i like it also when they honk at you because the light JUST TURNED GREEN...

that's when i sit there and sit there and wait for the light to turn yellow then count to 3 and punch it...

turns red as you go under now they are running a RED MUHAHAHA
              Woody
              http://www.nationalcyclesupply.net
              http://www.ncsupply.com

Comment

I hate that too. The other day a dude was on my a$$ in his honda {Fast and the Furious} car . He was flashing his lights at me to get over. It was a two lane street but road work was being done on the other side so he couldnt pass me. We get to a stop light and both lanes are open now so he pulls up beside me and its a whole car of young punks in the car. The driver looks at me and starts to rev his engine. I was like WTF and started reving the Kat a little. THe light turns green and he guns it and I hear a clunk and the car dies. I just leave the light slowly and flip him the bird. I kept looking back in the mirrors and never seen him leave the light.
                My Every Move Is A Calculated Step............

*~*~*~*KNIGHTRIDERS*~*~*~*

Comment

People in Orlando do it ALLLLLL the time. Because I'm on a bike that means you should get up on my tail. One time an old couple (FL....land of the living dead) came so close they bumped me. Just barely. I got pissed off and burned out all over their car. Smoked them out and knicked their bumper. True, not smart or mature, but man it felt good.

Comment

I have found a solution to our tailbagers at red lights this should make them think twice at the next red light
                    Attached Files
                    "No regrets, that's my motto. Well... that and everyone Wang Chung tonight." -Out Cold 2001

Comment

i have done somthing simular to that.. just not over the roof of a car let along a police car...

i have also one time recently erm last week... a new jetta passed me IN MY OWN LANE... his door rubbed my leg... he is missing his driver side sideview mirror now..

shit like that is detromental to my life so you shall pay again bad view on bikers and what not but i thougth it was well deserved
                      Woody
                      http://www.nationalcyclesupply.net
                      http://www.ncsupply.com

Comment

Fighting the good fight Woody. I often wish, that in times like that where people have no respect, so much to the point where my life is in danger that I had a chain, like in the game Road Rash. Man that'd be satisfying.

How'd you take out their mirror? Did you do it on the road with them in the car? If so...did they do anything? If not...where'd you do it. I want to live vicariously through your actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Looneybonics
                          How'd you take out their mirror?
                          I don't know if you've ever watched the Biker Buildoff series on the Discovery channel, but Billy Lane builds puts a "hammer holder" on some of his bikes. It's really just like a bracket mounted on the outside of the bike that you can slot a hammer into. You carry the hammer in case you feel the need to modify the occassional car mirror. I'm not suggesting you put one on your Kat, nor am I suggesting it's a good idea. I'm just saying...

Since you're in FL be forewarned - stats say that >30% of Florida residents carry firearms in their cars. Unless you have skills like Wonder Woman, the hammer won't be much of a match against a .45
                          ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow2002Kat
                            [.........Unless you have skills like Wonder Woman, the hammer won't be much of a match against a .45
                            LMFAO! Imagine their surprise whenever I'm ricocheting bullets with my chromed out ball-peen hammer.

I'd have to dust off my Wonder Woman tights too.

I could never have a weapon on my person. I'd use it way to much. The amount of times I would use it just cuz I have road rage would far out weight the times I'd need it in self defense. Once they make light sabers though...I'm F'n up some peoples Chrismas's.

Comment

Originally posted by woody
                              ermm a4cruiser i would hope the KAT has a rev limiter as all vehicales pretty much do these day even my old 93 kat had one
                              I don't think my bike has a rev limiter. I was get on the highway going from first to second gear and I was on the throttle really hard, tried going to 2nd but accidently went into nutral and pulled the throttle hard again and went way past red line. almost burried the needle.
                              Is that your bike outside? I ride.... competitively.

Comment

Yes, Road Rash was the shiz. i have always thaught about carrying a master lock and when i encounter aggravated driver that want to take a bad day out on me just throw it thru the driver window, but then i think i dont want to slup down to there level, + thats not law abiding. 8)
                                "No regrets, that's my motto. Well... that and everyone Wang Chung tonight." -Out Cold 2001

Comment

Working...
                                X