X

great tire dealership....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great tire dealership....

so last tuesday I ordered a new battlax for my bike and it was supposed to be in yesterday...but it wasn't. $180cdn installed and taxes included. anyway...I told the tire guy that I was disappointed that I would not have my tire to ride with today, so he slaps a brand new macadam on my rim and tells me to go have fun, but not to beat on the tire if I could help it. He just said to come in monday and he will swap it out for my battlax.
    that is why I like to do 100% of my business with the same guys. any other place would have just said, "sorry...not in....tough luck".
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Re: great tire dealership....

Originally posted by Mojoe
    I told the tire guy that I was disappointed that I would not have my tire to ride with today, so he slaps a brand new macadam on my rim and tells me to go have fun, but not to beat on the tire if I could help it.
    Is that the tire you used for the smiley-face?

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

lol...no. but it is the first time i used that brand of tire. heard a few people on here refer to them as "crapadam"....but I dončt mind it at all. rides and handles good.

Comment

lol...no. but it is the first time i used that brand of tire. heard a few people on here refer to them as "crapadam"....but I dončt mind it at all. rides and handles good.
        The serious problems with handling don't occur until you put some distance on them -- usually 1k to 1500 miles before they start complaining for real. They still aren't nearly as sharp-handling as the better competitors though.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

that was cool of them

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
            I told the tire guy that I was disappointed that I would not have my tire to ride with today, so he slaps a brand new macadam on my rim and tells me to go have fun, but not to beat on the tire if I could help it.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            You did mention you wanted to burn KATANA in to the pavement for your next burnout, maybe you should just buy the stock macadam and then keep it for whem you're ready to attempt your next artistic feat.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
              Originally posted by The CyberPoet

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              You did mention you wanted to burn KATANA in to the pavement for your next burnout, maybe you should just buy the stock macadam and then keep it for whem you're ready to attempt your next artistic feat.
              actually I am going to see what kind of deal he will make me on it. apparently the crapadam costs more than my battlax, but if he had it laying around...and 16in being kind of a rare size these days, he might make me a good deal on it (it would have to be REAL good...as in 1/2 price). Then I will use it down to the point where CP says it will start to diminish in handling. then maybe I will have enought tire to write "suzuki gsx100f katana"......and if that still doesn't kill it, I will sign it "mojoe"....lol

Comment

We will have to compare how we like the battle-ax. I have a new
                set to put on the big kat also. Just need to get some time to remove
                the tires and get them down to the shop.
                'Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains" !

Comment

Originally posted by MTFYR
                  We will have to compare how we like the battle-ax. I have a new
                  set to put on the big kat also. Just need to get some time to remove
                  the tires and get them down to the shop.
                  I tried the battlax before...a set...front and rear. I loved the rear, hated the front. this time I am mixing them up...battlax on the rear, metzeller on the front. I run a matching set of metzellers, and it is the rear that seems inadequate.....so I will see how the "mix" goes.
                  and before someone pipes in on how "important" it is to keep a matching set of tires....well I say bs to that, so don't waste your time trying to sell me on it...lol.

And MTFYR....what tires have you been able to find for your kat? I only know of 3.....metzellers, battlax and macadams. Have you come across anything different?

Comment

And MTFYR....what tires have you been able to find for your kat? I only know of 3.....metzellers, battlax and macadams. Have you come across anything different?
                    The only other one was the Pirelli Sport Demon. Couldn't find
                    any reviews or reports on the tire. The battle-ax recieved the
                    best reviews all the three tires.
                    'Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and sometimes it rains" !

Comment

Working...
                    X