Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

14 Tooth sprocket installed...I'm not sure I like it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should have put the sprocket on first , and tried it by it self. The K&N filter cost $90.00 Canadian (that's like $6.00 USD).

Last night I noticed something new though.

When I'm accelerating at a moderately aggressive rate, when the engine reaches about 9200-9500 rpm, the engine literally jumps about 500-700 rpm. It does this in any gear including sixth. It's a bit un-nerving at 230kph. I honestly can't tell if it's the clutch slipping or not. It seems to pull during this event but . . .

It seems weird that the clutch will take all I can give it, and then way up in the 9 G.s before this condition occurs. But only for a sec.

The Bike has only got 26000 Km.(16000 miles) and until this past weekend has been babied.

Any suggestions Guys?

CP?

"Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

ITS ABOUT TO GRENADE!

Comment

I think I solved the mystery!

Apparently, the bike is pulling so hard that I'm having difficulty holding on.
        I think that I'm appling a bit of pressure on the clutch lever.

oops. My Bad.

What a noobee manouver. I does it make any difference that I'm over forty and frail?

BTW!

Comment

I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

mine slips at around 10,000 it has 15.000 miles on it and no im not hittinh the clutch its slipping i am going to get a clutch kit and tighter springs and try that.
            I also notesed that this thing has a 13 tooth on the front and a 47 tooth on the rear it launches like a rocket but it sucks on the highway any suggestions on a good setup.

Comment

Up one in da front!

Comment

Confused. If changing sprockets up in front and less in back rocks on regular riding, why does it suck on highway?

Also....

Links to front and back sprockets would rock. I wanna get it done.

Comment

i think it will change your speed-o

Comment

Originally posted by BobKat2002
                    Up one in da front!
                    thanks
                    thats what i thought if anyone has a spare let me know

Comment

I went 2 up in the back from 45 to 47 and it,s great.
                      I got K&N, Hindle slip-on, and my carbs are turned out 2.5 turns. The bike makes great power and I didn't really lose my top end. If u go to Cyber's sprocket and gear site it will show u how much % u gain or lose with different comb. 2 up on the back is like only 4.5% of your top speed. I didn't calibrate my speedo yet so I can't exactly tell u how much more my revs are, but as soon as I know I will post.
                      www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

How many tooth sprocket comes stock in the front?
                        Fast Eddie

No day is promised, live life to the fullest!!

Comment

the 99 600 is 15 and 47

Comment

Originally posted by Looneybonics
                            Confused. If changing sprockets up in front and less in back rocks on regular riding, why does it suck on highway?
                            i don't think you'd want to go up in the front and down in the back unless you swapped a b1200 motor in there, or you lost too much top end.

Originally posted by Looneybonics
                            I think it will change your speed-o
                            only if you have a 98+

Long Live the D

Comment

Post 98 speedo change

Yeah post 98+ speedo will be affected. For those of you that dont know why its a simple matter of the speddo being driven off the front wheel on the older kats.
                              Just bash a tooth of your original front cog rather than put a new one on (ha).
                              Seriously another semi easy mod for pre 98 kats for some extra gee gee's is a set of gsxr 750 cams, quick cheap and turns the mild kat into a bit of a sleeper, lots of fun. I love how suzukis are all compatible. Newer forks just bolt straight on from a variety of models, those of you interested in improving the performance and handling of your bikes just sen me a message and I can provide a couple of sources for info on some easy mods.

Enjoy
                              1996 Suzuki gsx-f 750 fighter
                              1988 Yamaha tzr 250 with tt350 fourstroke fitted
                              2004 Schwinn stingray with 80cc twostroke fitted

Comment

Had a few questions about sprocket changes.

(1)I read somewhere (dont remember where) that when a sprocket change is to be done, it's recommended that the whole set (front and rear sprockets and chain) be changed. Is that true?

(2)How difficult is it to do a sprocket change and is there any specific tool I would need to make the change?

(3)Whats the best place to buy from and which band of sprockets should I buy?

Sorry for the hoard of questions, but I have never done a sprocket change before. Would appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Skotty
                                2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

Working...
                                X