No announcement yet.
X

project almost done and im bored...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front brakes provide the VAST MAJORITY of your stopping power. By not getting use to using your fronts to their maximum potential you are throwing away 10s of feet of stopping distance in an emergency stop situation
    Back on 2 wheels
    2001 GSF600S Bandit

Comment

I'm editing the video right now. I left the whole 26 mins of street and highway riding. I only removed pulling in at home and my wife at the beginning. I need to calibrate the speedometer that's about it, that and figure out how the damn indicators work its not simple like it used to be lol. Where is it that the pods mess up? Because I took it to just above 6k (not wot) and it is really smooth. Also if the blinkin tac is correct then from 4-6ish grand feels like thrashing on the thing stock...and I was babying the throttle the whole ride. I don't think I even gave her 50% throttle when I actually got on it.

I know...I need to work on my braking habits

Oh...and the way it sounds when splitting and the exhaust bounces off the cars...I will keep it clean. I have to say that it is not as loud as I was thinking.
      Last edited by i3notsr; 12-11-2014, 08:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiUPosgkmMc

Comment

Since your engine isn't exactly stock anymore, the issue with pods might not exist anymore. They're supposed to make the bike run overly lean and I believe somewhere around 5 or 6k there's a flat spot that's a bear to tune out. And I'm also not surprised it pulls a lot more. . Kinda the point no?
            Glad she's back and rideable, enjoy!!
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

600 miles and I can throw it on the dyno...then I'll be happy. I was thinking that with the cams and porting the engine is probably able to utilize all the extra air, so the pods run smoothly.

Comment

So I found where the new power band starts by accident this morning...it kicks pretty good and I have never been felt that kind of sudden torque, flippin awesome.

Comment

So I went through my first tank of gas...I took a bike that got 45 mpg to a bike that gets 16-17 mpg taking it easyish lol. But it is way worth it. Also, I found out that they ran the bike on the dyno to tune it for the cam and from memory it was making around 105 HP to the ground. I will get torque numbers when I get the record dyno done, being that torque is what I am more concerned about.
                  Last edited by i3notsr; 12-22-2014, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Bike is broken in and I did the final dyno pull. The dyno read 90HP and 45 FT-LBS max which I am so confused about because the bike pulls so much more aggressive than stock and when I get into the sweet spot the bike damn near bucks me off. However I do think that I am choking the motor but I didn't think that much...oh well, time to find an exhaust and new carbs and see what happens. Also the blinkin bike according to the dyno is equivalent to say an R6 or so...so if anyone that lives near Southern Cal has experience on a bike like that or similar and would like to do a comparison for me I am game if you are.
                    Last edited by i3notsr; 01-24-2015, 04:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Keep in mind the dyno measured that at the rear wheel, not at the crank. Stock HP at the crank is...what 80? So at the wheel that's be 70ish or so. So you picked up ballpark 20-25% more hp.
                      1998 Katana 750
                      1992 Katana 1100
                      2006 Ninja 250

Comment

So your at the 750 level? I'd like to see the graphs on hp and torque.
                        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran
                        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

The bike is a 750 so with the restrictions to flow from the stock exhaust and carbs I made back what was originally lost to the drivetrain transfer of power ish. Seeing as Suzuki claimed what like 93 HP at the crank and 49 Ft-LBS at the crank. Here is the dyno print out, what I want to see is a dyno sheet for stock bikes that do the stock gsxr cam swap. I swear that I have seen people claiming that the post 750 puts mid 90's to the wheel with just a slip on and stage 1 jet kit...hence the choking being an issue. however even choked it is super fun to ride.

Here is the dyno run...just skip past the ACH ride its the last 3 minutes or so of the clip.

A few clips coming down from Newcombs Ranch this morning and a couple of pulls on the dyno now that the bike is broken in. Came out at 90 HP and 45 FT-LBS at...
                          Last edited by i3notsr; 01-25-2015, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Looks like a pretty major flat spot there between 4-6k. Pretty sure that's something that can get tuned out.
                            1998 Katana 750
                            1992 Katana 1100
                            2006 Ninja 250

Comment

I see the same, I'm shocked that you spent so must on head work to gain ... nothing. Something is way off. Larger exhaust and bigger carbs might be the answer. I would be contacting APE or your build shop for input on carb size recommendations. You may need to go bigger. Also one problem that exists is the stock ignition, it needs to be updated to take full advantage of the free flowing head. I know it has stock valves. That maybe an oops, to port a head and not install larger valves.... You know..
                              Last edited by 92xjunker; 01-25-2015, 08:03 PM.
                              "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran
                              If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Yeah I was told about the flat spot before it was even done, right now the stock carbs are "tuned" as much as they can be until I get a set of flatslide's. When riding I can't really tell that there is a flat spot to be honest. I have contacted a few places about the new exhaust situation and I am just waiting to hear back. Honestly I don't even think its the carbs, I think it's the stock exhaust. The bike is running a Dyna 2000 ignition now and I wanted to run larger valves but APE advised against it to keep it "streetable", then when I picked up the head they said I should have done the larger valves. The head work was not for nothing as I already knew that power would be limited because of keeping certain stock components to figure things out.
                                Last edited by i3notsr; 01-25-2015, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X