X

new tire options

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new tire options

anyone shopped for bike tires recently? Not many options for old katanas. my choice has been discontinued.

What year and size of your bike? All but the 1100, Michelin is tops @$300 a pair. What is your budget?
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

mine's a 1000

i ended up buying a V rated metzeler on sale for $135(free shipping).

i have an unmatched metzeler on the back which was installed two years ago.

but thanks for the tip on the michelin. i will give it a try on my next both tyre swap.

Comment

I hate metzler crap. Just not a good tire IMAO. I'd use a shienko tire first. Rant over.....lol I buy the best tire I can find.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

metzler is far from crap. rant over
          2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by teigan View Post
            mine's a 1000
            A "1000" what exactly?

I just got the last front Avon for my 1100. There may be a few more around the country.

Comment

I run Bridgestones front and rear on my 83 1100. No complaints and no problem sourcing them here in South Africa
              MelWain

Comment

I just put a new ME 888 Ultra 150/80-16 on the rear of my 1990 1100 and this is a new tire from metzler but its only h rated for 130 max but it has a nice deep tread pattern that rides really nice.My only gripe is they do not have the right stock size for the front.So I went with a Conti Go front tire that has a similiar tread pattern and a nice deep tread depth. These 2 tires seem to work well with each other and the bike feels a lot more nimble than it did when i had the old metzlers on it. So we shall see how they run in the rain and for mileage.

Comment

when i bought the bike, it came with H rated tyres. i recall they made the bike a chore to turn at highway speeds. you'll find tyre rating is not simply speed based, but also about the physical shape of the tyre. the reason my bike needs V rated tyres is that the designers chose a narrow tyre profile to make steering possible, given the awkwardly long wheelbase.

Comment

Working...
                  X