X

New Rider, couple questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rider, couple questions

Hey guys, i just got my 06 Katana about 2 weeks ago, and wow, i love it. This is my 1st bike and im already addicted! haha. i just have a couple questions that maybe you guys can help me with, 1st off, Whats the best way to pull up the front wheel with out me killin myself? lol, second, ive been thinkin bout guttin my exhaust but a few buddies tell me its not a good idea? are they right? if so waht will it do to my bike?
    *Derrick*

Re: New Rider, couple questions

Originally posted by wideopenkatana7
    1st off, Whats the best way to pull up the front wheel with out me killin myself?
    Put the bike on the centerstand have have a buddy push down on the rear grab bar. The front will come right off the ground no problem .

Seriously though do a search there's more than a few threads. It can be done, but the kat is really not the best bike to be doing wheelie's on.
    Kyle

Comment

yeah, the kat's a heavy bike. coming back down could damage it. i'd buy a slip-on over gutting the exhaust, but that's just me.

Long Live the D

Comment

Re: New Rider, couple questions

Hey guys, i just got my 06 Katana about 2 weeks ago, and wow, i love it. This is my 1st bike and im already addicted! haha. i just have a couple questions that maybe you guys can help me with, 1st off, Whats the best way to pull up the front wheel with out me killin myself?
        Jackstands.

lol, second, ive been thinkin bout guttin my exhaust but a few buddies tell me its not a good idea? are they right? if so waht will it do to my bike?
        There's no performance benefit to getting most aftermarket exhausts on a 98+ Katana, but there is the sound benefit. No reason not to -- nothing special about your Kat's exhaust that the muffler (end-can + mid-pipe) can't be replaced. Different cans sound different, and there are a number of opinions on what is best (personally, I think the Hindle exhaust sounds the best in terms of aftermarket exhausts, but I prefer the stock one).

Before you spend any $$ on the exhaust, you might want to read this webpage and grind away the excess weld seams on your headers (which should improve your performance mildly, plus make your exhaust a slight bit more growley):
        CyberPoet's "How to grind out your header weld seams on your motorcycle headers for improved performance"

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
        X