Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sick

Comment

Originally posted by eclipsespeed_1986 View Post
      Does anyone know where i can find the exhaust "its not a knife" is using for a pre 750?
      It's a megaphone drag race exhaust. It's not likely made for the Katana 750. It could be made for the 1100, or it could be for a bandit, or it could be for a GSXR1100.

Like this one. http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/tpl/pr...mmyId=#fitment
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Nice mods! I think the tailend looks sweet, and that exhaust is pretty cool too.

they make 4-1 exhaust for kats, you just have to find the right one for your year! You can convert other setups just by welding! like get a 4-1 header, then take like a newer gsxr exhaust and weld it up to the header or get a slip on set-up.

Comment

Originally posted by fods View Post
          Few of the pics while assembling.
          Light is install. Just needs to be wired.

Fods, you did one hellacious job here man. Very nice. I cannot believe how well you were able to line things up. Good job!
          sigpic

Comment

I am going with the entire R6 tail, and cutting off the subframe, and putting R6 rear sets on mine as well, will post pics for comparison as it is getting done. I am using the R6 seat, battery tray and electrics tray. I am cutting off the old subframe as well. I iwll have to build brackets for the R6 subframe.

I will be doing this next, right after I get the motor back together.

Nice job BTW.

Comment

looks good

Comment

very nice mod!
                sigpic

"You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."

Comment

love it

hey i just found this site... i love wat ur doin to ur bike. i do custom upholstry n fiberglass **** in the civi world.... i just got a 2001 katana 750 b4 i deployed n trien to make a parts list n mod list for when i get home i can have peices ready for the instal... do u have ne recomendation for were to find diff fairing so i dont have to fiberglass nu ones and wat kinda engine, exhaust mods do u recomend.... also have u ever hurd of a rear lift for the bike w/out having to replace the rear suspinsion i already plan on doin a single swing arm so if not ok.... also how compatable are the gsxr plastics and front forks to the katana

Comment

I love the creativity! Its fascinating what people come up with...but yeah id think reworking the seat would be your easiest,cheapest, and smartest thing to do in order to eliminate the gap

Comment

very nice, im quite jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by blackie View Post
                        Fods, you did one hellacious job here man. Very nice. I cannot believe how well you were able to line things up. Good job!
                        Having done something like this before, the seating position is going to be a too high. That's part of the problem adapting a tail of an SS bike to a sport touring bike. Still lots of details to work out from what I can see but keep up on the project, it'll look great when it's done.

Comment

pretty sweet!! that is what i want to do to my 91 750. awesome!! are you going to paint it?

Comment

Working...
                          X