X

Rear Brake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Brake

Do I need to blead my rear brake? I can stand up on the rear brake pedal and it will not lock up. Im not saying that is a bad thing but just wondering if there is a problem that I should be aware of?

have you checked your resivour? take off the seat and loosen the right fairing and take a look. Its right above the right footpeg. If its low then theres your problem.

If thats not it take off the caliper and check your pads/rotor.

If those are fine id do a bleed, might just have a ton of air

Comment

yeah rear brake should lock up with no problem....do what ed said....

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Its got fluid. But now I have a starting point for what to look at next thanks.

stupid ? If i have to bleed them as long as I use the right type of fluid I should be fine. It does not have to be from the same company right?
        Last edited by lee3645; 05-13-2008, 03:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

If you bleed it, the brake system is small enough that you should be able to bleed all the old fluid out, leaving you with fresh brake fluid in the whole system
          Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
          18v Rigid Drill
          Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
          New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

+1 on tossing out the old fluid and replacing it. The rear is such a short system. When you have it apart check all your seals while you are at it.

Comment

Great thanks for the input one last question. In the service manual it showes connecting a hose to one of the the bleeder valves but there is a second one on the rim side of the caliper do I need to bleed both or just the one?

Comment

Originally posted by lee3645 View Post
                Great thanks for the input one last question. In the service manual it showes connecting a hose to one of the the bleeder valves but there is a second one on the rim side of the caliper do I need to bleed both or just the one?
                Do both, start with the one on the rim side, then do the other one.

You should bleed all the old fluid out of the rim side bleeder valve first, that one will take you the longest. Once you get to the other bleeder valve, there should be very little, if any at all, old fluid coming out of there. Just bleed that one until you have no air bubbles.
                Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                18v Rigid Drill
                Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

got it thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                  X