X

Brake line length ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake line length ?

Just about to order my new SS brakelines. Does anybody know the correct length to order for an 88 1100? The last set I ordered were 3 inches too long. Go figure ? { I swear I was sober, burp } Straight lines, no splitter, burp.
    Old Age and Treachery Will Beat Youth and Skill Every Time

If you're ordering from G&J (I highly recommend them both for price -I paid about $95 shipped- and quality) they should have all the measurements/fitting angles from when Big-KO (I think) sent his in. If not, (I'll have to see if I still have them but...) I may still have my OEMs in a box.
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Actually, My plan is to use 2 straight lines and a double banjo bolt. The reason I wanted someone elses measurement is. When I did my other bike, after checking and rechecking my measurements. I still ended up about 3 inches too long! A little creative routing solved the problem, but if someone else has already done the measurement correctly, I can check against their measurements.

Comment

Can't help you there then. One suggestion I've heard is to use some thick electrical cable (like network cable) to measure it out with the exact routing you want. I've done that replacing hydraulic clutch lines that were part flex line and part solid tubing. Worked pretty well.
        Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
        HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Hmm, I think you're onto something there. I used string before, and it was difficult to use. But I do have some lengths of TV cable knocking around, that might just do the trick. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

Working...
          X