X

Random Dieing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Dieing.

Hey guys got the katana running a couple months ago and a few times itll just die when riding. I cant get it to start untill I completely stop and push the start button. Even when im rolling and push the start button it will not start with the clutch pulled. Its done this about 3 or 4 times in a past few months. Very annoying any Ideas? on the 1996
    1992 Katana 600
    1996 Katana 600
    1995 Shadow 600 VLX

Could you be more descriptive? Does it suddenly die out of no where, or bog down etc... As I have found out recently there are a lot of reasons a bike can die

Comment

Probably the kickstand switch. If the bike is in gear with the kickstand down it'll shut off to prevent you from turning and falling over from it digging into the road

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

Its just dead dead, I still have all power but I will not restart untill I stop completely. Never thought about the kickstand switch, maybe its moving just enough to kill it, ill disconnect it and see if it does it agian.
        1992 Katana 600
        1996 Katana 600
        1995 Shadow 600 VLX

Comment

The switch works by closing it when the kickstand is up, so put a jumper in the connector to close the circuit for testing it that way

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

Its just really wierd how I can not get it to start at all while im rolling, I have to stop completely and pull the clutch to start it. Its a major inconvenience especially when your in traffic
            1992 Katana 600
            1996 Katana 600
            1995 Shadow 600 VLX

Comment

Working...
            X