X

98gsxf750 trip meter problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98gsxf750 trip meter problems

hi all i have a question for my mums 98 model gsxf750 it is the first of the new shape it has just hit 99999kms and the bike is still going hard showing how reliable these things are(may have somthing to do with me buying one) but the trip meter wont click over again i was wondering if there was anything special you have to do to get it to click back over
    thanks sam

We have had this once before. Word was it doesn't flip over..
    Sorry,
    But congrats to your mum on the milestone

Comment

Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
      From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
      this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

Its an issue with a bad speedo cluster. you might be able to get a new one from Suzuki. See the above thread.
      If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
      Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Good catch. I thought the last time this happened it was end-of-life..

Good to know you have a chance at a new part.

Comment

buy a new one
          98 GSX750F
          95 Honda VT600 vlx
          08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

my mum sent a letter to the gm of suzuki australia today asking about it i will post a comment when she gets a reply thanks heeps

Comment

Welcome, Yes Please do post a responce. I'd be curious if they are still doing this.

Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

suzuki finaly replied

got the leetter back from suzuki but it looks like they are not going to pay for a new cluster or for the repair of it i found out a place over here does do repairs on them ill ask what the repair is and repost it

Comment

Sorry to hear they wouldn't cover it. Hopefully the repair place can get it in order. If not, might check ebay for one with less miles, but would need to keep a record of the new start milage.

Thanks for posting up on the findings. Guess maybe they changed things since the last time someone posted about it.

Comment

Working...
                  X