first drop

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first drop

hey riders,

i just laid my baby down for the first time. it kinda sucked cause it was in a crowded parking lot and every body stoped and looked at me trying to pull my leg from under my bike and then struggling to pick that tank off its side. what a day.
    What did the hand say to the face?... "Slap!"

Hope you are okay - forget the croud....most of them have probably done something as embarrassing themselves

Comment

As long as you are ok, thats all that matters. Like rcr said, who cares what a bunch of strangers think, everyone has done something embarrasing.
      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

glad your OK, the bike and your pride can be easily fixed.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

dropping a bike in the parking lot is much better than overshooting a turn and ending up getting launched at 40mph or more

be glad!
          97 Katana 600
          [email protected] (or IM)

Comment

Originally posted by Wade-Kat600
            dropping a bike in the parking lot is much better than overshooting a turn and ending up getting launched at 40mph or more

be glad!
            yeah your right. thanks bro. but my knee and ankles still hurt like hell and it is now the morning after. think i got a lot to learn about rideing bikes. and to think i was gonna get a liter for my birthday. now i dont think i should go bigger till i can learn the basics. peace.

Comment

everyone has done it,aslong as your ok. so what did you do froget to put down the kickstand?

Comment

no i was makin a left u-turn a little too confidently and found some sand and when the tires slipped i hit the brake and down i went. in the process of falling my hand cranked the throttle and as you know that didnt help save the bike at all. the thing was sliding with my leg under it. but just a couple of feet. scratched the fairing all to hell and my pride along with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Reyn
                  no i was makin a left u-turn a little too confidently and found some sand and when the tires slipped i hit the brake and down i went. in the process of falling my hand cranked the throttle and as you know that didnt help save the bike at all. the thing was sliding with my leg under it. but just a couple of feet. scratched the fairing all to hell and my pride along with it.
                  It seems to be inevitable...did anybody bother to come over and help?
                  LMT

Comment

Stuff happens bro. Just about everyone I know has dropped their bike. Your soreness will heal before your ego does. Just know that being alive is the most important thing and a little touch up paint will hide those scratches! Keep your head up!

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                    JOHN 16:33

Comment

Re: first drop

Originally posted by Mr.Reyn
                      hey riders,

i just laid my baby down for the first time. it kinda sucked cause it was in a crowded parking lot and every body stoped and looked at me trying to pull my leg from under my bike and then struggling to pick that tank off its side. what a day.

hahahahahahahahahaahahahah loser ! hahahaha

J/K!!! lol that sucks man. Learn from it??????
                      Um I dont know any wise quotes so go read katansoldiers quote in his signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i hope that never happends again! but if you ever find ur bike on its side again, maybr this will help:

<< RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT !! >>
                        KRAZYKAT'S KATANA PICTURES

Comment

Who cares what other people think. The fact that knew how to get your foot out and get the bike back up (correctly, I hope) just goes to show that bikes are a different beast
                          Just remember: Satan loves you

Comment

Welcome to the club. The important thing is just that you're okay and learned something. But yeah it sucks having scratched fairings plus the damaged ego but oh well.
                            Wish You Were Here? And Yes That is Aaron Yates In The Background.

MY BIKE
                            http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...rsionpardner1/

AMA SUPERBIKE RACE PICS:
                            http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...20race%20pics/

Comment

THIS HELPS:

Using a loud, command-authority type voice, say sternly "Will you please come over here and help me lift this." (note there is no question-mark at the end of that sentence -- think of your mom or dad being stern if you're too young to imagine a drill sergeant or other command figure).

Most people who are in shock from seeing it (and maybe giggling on the inside) will invariably come over to help you because the actual event blanked whatever else they were just thinking about and put them in a receptive state to take commands (most people are sheep anyway).

Sorry about your pratfall. If you walked away unscathed, that's all that counts (such events are learning lessons).

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X