X

Intake manifold sourcing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake manifold sourcing

I am looking for a new set of intake maifolds. I want to replace the ones attached to the head. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Ronayers.com

Left hand side, look for the "FICHE" link, and find your bike/year.
    If you're replacing the boots, you should also replace the orings that go with them.

Bikebandit.com will also have them. Faster shipping, but slightly higher prices.
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Intake boots? Parts supplier like www.Bikebandit.com

Ron ayers also works...
      Last edited by 92xjunker; 02-05-2015, 10:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I found all of the boots except part number 13101-06B00 which is the outer left boot. I am using parts outlaw because its $9 shipping. I cant seem to find that one anywhere. I did a google search for it and it keeps coming up discontinued. Any options for that one?

Comment

Did you try the ronayer or bikebandit fishe?
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran

Comment

yes I did, and i tried suzuki parts monster and parts pit stop and the local suzi dealer. I am kinda running out of options.

Comment

You may have to source a used one. I picked up a used set for $40, luckily they were in great shape.
              spammer police
              USAF veteran

Comment

I was worried about that. I hate going to all this work and not being able to do the whole job. Ill keep looking tomorrow.

Comment

It's kind of odd that three of four are available and the other is discontinued. I may have to find a back up set. Actually any KAT 600 boot should work, same engine, same size carbs. Which means a post boot should also work. Try a different year.
                  Last edited by 92xjunker; 02-05-2015, 11:59 PM.
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran

Comment

Just double checking - same size for the 600 & 1100? Wouldn't have been surprised for the 600/750, am a bit surprised by the 600/1100. The again I have no idea what size the 600 carbs are, just that the 1100 is 34mm
                    1998 Katana 750
                    1992 Katana 1100
                    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Sorry mind was thinking. I should of put it in this form -(The 600 is not a match to an 1100. Just using it as a reference in my mind) If the 750 uses a 34mm carb and the 1100 uses the same size carb or a different year is available then you could use that boot.... Yes??? Not sure of the boot angles though.
                      Last edited by 92xjunker; 02-06-2015, 01:15 AM.
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

I did a cross reference for other bikes I came up with 85 or 86 to 89 GSX-R1100's and 88 to 93 GSX1100's. I purchased a set of 3 from parts outlaw with new o rings and I found 1 on ebay that was in Germany so I purchased that 1 also.

I did contact the guy at JBM industries to see if they can make them. He said I should send him my old broken ones and he can see if they can manufacture them.

Since I don't have my new set yet to send in the old ones, does anyone have a set of old broken unservicable manifolds we can send in to him?

Comment

My intake boots came in a set from ebay
                          My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                          http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                          2007 GSXR 750

Comment

That's probably because it's a 97 600. I had hoped I'd find a set on eBay but not gonna happen. I've found sets for all my gs's before but this bike is no Gs. I'm guessing it's not old enough yet for the vintage people to start making Parts for it.

Comment

If you're really stuck you could try UK based Robinsons Suzuki they know their stuff
                              If it aint broke polish it

1979 GS7/11 - 1990 GSX1100F

My Rebuild
                              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133928

Comment

Working...
                              X