X

Cup Holder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cup Holder

Anyone have a good way to carry a fountain soda? I drive 4 miles to work everyday and a station by my house has fountain sodas for 69 cents any size. I put it in the side pocket of my backpack and don't fill it up all the way, but it still seems to find its way out. any thoughts?
    99 Katana 600

buy a car? haha jk ive seen people mount small cup holders to their handle bars but i dont know how well it would work on ours

Comment

I just mounted a cup holder to my front left fork. Works as expected.

I had to balance it out by adding an ashtray to the right fork. That works as expected too.

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy View Post

I had to balance it out by adding an ashtray to the right fork. That works as expected too.
        Pics or it didn't happen.
        Rode: 198X Italian moped,1978 Honda CB750, 1988 Kow 600 Ninja,1985 CB250, 1998 600 Kat, 2001 Chineese 250 POS
        Ride: 2002 750F Kat
        "I like my beats fast and my BASS DOWN LOW"

Comment

Did I really just read this? So you want ideas on how to create a two wheeled Mini-van...
          This advice will cost you 69 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by superbike View Post
            Did I really just read this? So you want ideas on how to create a two wheeled Mini-van...
            This advice will cost you 69 cents.
            Hmmmm where is this dude from?
            2002 750 Kat
            2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
            2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
            1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
            2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Fine if you have a cup like these http://www.realsimple.com/magazine-m...0000000019458/ but for regular fountain cups you are just looking for a sticky situation

2002 750 Kat
                2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

Or this: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Drinking-Hard-Hat-Thirst-Beer/dp/B002IKFPCS/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1383150789&sr=8-6&keywords=drink+holder+hat"]Amazon.com: Drinking Hard Hat - Thirst Aid Beer Hat: Toys & Games[/ame]

Comment

take a 4 inch pvc pipe and cut it about 4 to 6 in tall and add a cap to the bottom and add some velcro or magnets to bottom and place it on the tank or mount it to the bars

Comment

Originally posted by dano68 View Post
                      Hmmmm where is this dude from?

Comedy Central.
                      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                      ------------------------------------------
                      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy View Post

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran
                        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Why not use your own sealable cup? Like a Thermos or similar cup that won't spill? Put that in your bag
                          Extra life.

Comment

I can see no way whatsoever how a cupholder on our bikes is anything but absurd. That said I get the basis of the question but just take a Gatorade bottle with you and fill that. Sealed and safely put away. Plus, most gas stations (at least around me) will only charge you as a "refill" since your not using a new cup.
                            94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

I learned this from a friend who is a cyclist. If you are a regular at the place, buy a thermos that's the same size as their largest cup, or slightly smaller. Fill a cup every day for a couple of weeks, buy it, then empty it into your thermos. On a day when the manager is there, ask if you can just fill your thermos. Tell him or her that it's the same size, and you pour it out every time. They'll probably just let you do it. Saves them a cup, and it saves you the trouble of pouring it. Now you have a solution for a spill-proof soda carrying system that requires no ice.

-notten
                              http://www.envyplayer.com/13.mp4 for sale with lots of parts

Comment

Working...
                              X