No announcement yet.
X

Whats the worst, "Oh &%$#@ " moment you had th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my way back from the Gap. Just outside of Memphis I got run off the highway by a big rig. Found out that the Busa doubles as a servicable dual-sport.
    sigpic

Comment

Ok not to be really gross or TMI but i was driving on the freeway going home, 20miles from home , i um...farted and uh...guess i shouldnt have. that SUCKED!!!!!!!! no pun intended on the whole subject of OH SH*T moment
      " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by Badkitty
        Ok not to be really gross or TMI but i was driving on the freeway going home, 20miles from home , i um...farted and uh...guess i shouldnt have. that SUCKED!!!!!!!! no pun intended on the whole subject of OH SH*T moment
        TMI for sure, but funny as heck. Sharts are definitely something to be avoided.

Comment

Originally posted by Woobie
          And when doing the Dragon the Morning Dan left I went into a 180 degree righthand downhill corner too hot/bad line and was grinding peg when I discovered it was decreasing radius. I was going wide and I pushed harder, My back end slid out and all I could think was 1) Oh shiate and 2) keep on the gas. She straightened out but all that was going through my mind was shiate shiate shiate.
          Can't remember if it was that ride or the day before. But on one of the corners on the dragon, I leaned a bit too hard to the right, and didn't really get my ass of the seat. Scrape the pipe, and it kinda lifted the rear a bit. I ran a bit wide and about a foot over the line. Really pissed me off. And Slowed me down. Also made me realize I wasn't on a closed course, and if something had have been coming the outcome would have been much worse.

Originally posted by Woobie
          Sitting at the CROT with Dan, Haggis, and Jackal with growing dread wondering were Range was. He had said to go ahead beacuse we were going for a "brisk" ride and he was going to take it slow and easy, obviously he didn't
          That moment wins the award for the second sickest feeling I've ever got in my stomach. The first is when we actually got back to the scene, and I saw Range sitting in the back of his truck. Thought I was going to yuke in my helmet.

Those moments, and also waiting at the CROT for the tail of the group to show up, having that same sick feeling as before. and just before we leave to go back, seeing sexwax roll in all covered in mud. I know a few people were pissed about us riding ahead and not doubling back when Tim went down. But that was a major miss-comunication on our part.

All I ask for out of this years rally, is that nobody goes down. So Dave and Tim.... You guys aren't allowed to ride 28

Comment

Scariest moment was trading the Daytona in for the Vulcan.

No regrets now tho. 8)

Comment

Scariest moment will be when we see you at the gap w/ your Triumph and everybody has found you out !

Comment

I would have to say it was the time I followed Range into D6 corner at the GAP and watched him ride in a straight line right off the road into the forest.

Actually, the next day was not the oh *^#&#@ second prize, it actually happened so fast that I didn't have time to do anything but laugh in my helmet (probably it didn't sink in because I didn't get hurt) (Range don't hold onto your freakin bike when it goes down next time!) until I saw the people behind my ride up with eyes the sizes of dinner plates. That's why I jumped up and was like "let's keep going!" because I was afraid that you guys would have heart attacks if it sank in.

The biggest oh (&$^%# time for me was when riding my TT600 a week or so after I got it down a back road and deciding that I would try to do a wheelie just to see if I could and the front end coming at least two or three feet off the ground, my butt sliding of the seat and my legs flailing out behind me. That scared the &^%# out of me.
                TiM

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                  Scariest moment will be when we see you at the gap w/ your Triumph and everybody has found you out !
                  You are such a bunch of DOUBTERS!!!!!!!!

Comment

If he doesn't have a Vulcan, then how come his Hindle exhaust from his Triumph is on it's way to me through the mail? Exactly.
                    TiM

Comment

I was running down route 32 in maryland from Fort Meade towards Columbia going at a pretty good clip, about 90. I decided to turn off on an exit that turned into a clover leaf (they are all over the place here in maryland) I was still running pretty fast and figured I could make the tun but as I neared the turn I realized it was a lot more sharp than I thought. As I started closing on the turn I had that "Oh Sh*t" thought as I knew I was not going to make the turn. I decided I had three options - 1. try to make the tun and probably high side into the guardrail along the turn into some light woods, 2. lay it down and slide into the guardrail and hope I would pass under it, or 3. pull back left and try to stray on the road without going into the woods down the ravine.

I chose option 3 and was able to wrestle the pig back onto the road and come to a stop. I got off the bike and sat down for a bit to cool down and catch my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by trinc
                        the last saturday night ride we did...
                        Tim, sorry to be hard on you, but that is a darn good description of VERY squidley riding. Wet? Leaves?? Dark??!? FOG???!??? Went to Hooters????? (Beer and distractions)

You are one lucky dude to have survived that night.
                        "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Last summer on a ride in Kentucky. I set up on the outside of the corner (in my own lane of course), cut a nice out-in-out line, but right after the apex there was a HUGE moving truck. Not an 18 wheeler, but a large single frame uhaul anyway. Had to cut the bike back down to tighten the corner. Dragged a peg and I'm pretty sure my wheels drew a line under the truck at one point.....
                          None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
                          -Robert Morrison

"
                          well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

Cruising down the highway stuck behind another vehicle some jackhole comes flying up and passes us on the right then jumps infront of the guy infront of me and jams on his brakes. I brake but get into the rear brake a little too hard too fast and lock it up,

Fishtailing down the highway at 60 wasn't a pleasent experience for my morning commute.

But I was able to keep the rear locked and move with the slide until I was slow enough to release the rear brake and keep on moving, I thought for sure I would have had a flat spot on my then brand new Diablo strada

Comment

Hmm,

I was riding with a friend. He is an experienced rider (19 years), but I had just gotten my bike a few months before.

Anyways, we are out riding and taking some nice sweepers at 65-70. Well after about 6-7 sweepers, I see a sign that has the curvy arrow, and has a speed limit of 25. I blew off the sign.

Next thing I know, Im leaning way left going into a corner, and BOOM! The road shifts to a tighter corner.

Well, im a n00b rider, right? So, what do you think I do? I panic braked, and locked up the rear tire.

Bad right??

I start sliding, and I'm drifting around the corner!! All of a sudden (ok, not really, but it felt fast to me) my rear tire "drifts' over the white line, and hits the dirt.

Next thing I know, I'm on my back sliding ( I high sided), and the bike is coming at me. I pushed off the belly pan (lower cowl) and we came to a nice slow stop (grass is friendly).

I got up, picked up my bike, and I couldnt get it up the hill (its grass, and damp).

My bud finally realises that Im no longer behind him and turns around. Only to find my helmet sitting in the grass (I slid a good distance).

He freaked out (so he told me later) and then finished taking the corner to see me trying to ride the bike up the hill.

Anyways, I walked out with a sprained thumb, some broken bike parts, but I was able to ride home.

To this day, im still wary of new corners (roads I dont know).
                              It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I would have to say my biggest ouch was hitting a moose on my at the time new honda shadow at highway speeds

I hardly had time to hit the breaks before I "T boned" the damn thing. needless to say a 2000lbs moose is not easily moved. The bike went under her belly i went ove her back and came to a stop aprox 100 feet from the impact site. The moose and I both got up and walked it off sort off. I had dislocated and fractured my elbow and my right hip. I did not find out about my hip until several weeks later wheb i went in for an Xray on my elbow and they asked me why I was walking with crutches. I explained how a few days after my wreck my road rashed him and groin started to hurt but thought nothingn of it because i figured it was just my arthritus. Turns out I had some major muscle and ligament damage as well as a busted hip. the break healed quickly but i still suffer from the tissue damage.

BTW i rebuilt the Honda shadow.
                                98 GSX750F
                                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Working...
                                X