X
X

2006 engine and wiring in 95 Resistor Problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh, sweety. I now see why you are having so much trouble getting your bike to start.
    Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

Pre carbs are larger than post. Plus they don't have the crap TPS that does nothing but get in the way.
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by Badfaerie View Post
        Ahhh, sweety. I now see why you are having so much trouble getting your bike to start.
        lmao

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

I wonder what would happen if the neutral sensor was bad/not hooked up/not hooked up correctly. I guess I'll add that into the rest of the non helpful advice that I gave that didn't involve pre carbs or 2 keys.
          Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

I wonder what would happen if the neutral sensor was bad/not hooked up/not hooked up correctly. I guess I'll add that into the rest of the non helpful advice that I gave that didn't involve pre carbs or 2 keys.
            Post carbs are smarter, they cant be fooled by bad sensors...
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
              All that is useless info/advice, it doesn't involve resistors or tampering with electrical components.
              1992- project katfighter
              2005- GSXR750
              2001- TL1000R
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

the neutral light would not come on when in neutral and go off when in gear. The starter will not engage when in gear and the kickstand is down. Either the kickstand has to be up or it has to be in neutral to give the start button the go for the starter solenoid

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

what you need is to download the manual , go to the last pages and look at the wiring, get yourself a multimeter and measure all the connections. it doesnt hurt to spray some wd40 in the connection ends while youre at it.
                  2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                    I chased the wiring through the system. Cdi box has power and ground. Signal generator is putting out a voltage pulse. That signal is reaching the cdi box, coils are good but are not receiving input from the cdi box. (wires tested with continuity between cdi box and coils)

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
                    what you need is to download the manual , go to the last pages and look at the wiring, get yourself a multimeter and measure all the connections. it doesnt hurt to spray some wd40 in the connection ends while youre at it.
                    wd40 is not good for electrical applications. Use di-electric grease. The wiki should be updated with 2004 to 2006 wiring diagrams because they are quite different than the earlier ones (different color coding, different connectors, different wire counts) but the wiring diagram is available elsewhere, for future reference of other people.
                    Last edited by Lykkan; 09-12-2012, 11:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

seems you have the answer to everything , good luck
                      2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by mammut89 View Post
                        seems you have the answer to everything , good luck
                        other than that magical ohm number, seems so

Comment

Originally posted by Lykkan View Post
                          The wiki should be updated with 2004 to 2006 wiring diagrams because they are quite different than the earlier ones (different color coding, different connectors, different wire counts) but the wiring diagram is available elsewhere, for future reference of other people.
                          The wiki is user updated and maintained. Jus Sayin'

sigpic

Comment

The wiki is user updated and maintained. Jus Sayin'
                            didn't know that. I'll host the PDF then post it later, thanks for info

Comment

It makes me wonder that if you are so knowledgeable and have it all figured out, why haven't you figured out the quick, easy and cheap way to get the information on your own?

sigpic

Comment

Upload the PDF to the wiki.
                                -Steve

sigpic
                                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                                X