X

R1 LED Integrated tail light mod.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I NEED this mod!

So just got off the phone with lockhart phillips and they dont have it n stock. Have too keep looking on ebay
    Last edited by scarface; 12-14-2010, 04:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by scarface View Post
      I NEED this mod!

So just got off the phone with lockhart phillips and they dont have it n stock. Have too keep looking on ebay
      I understand! You could get the stock led tail from the r1 but if you're throwin down the cash you might as well get the integrated... I like the led tail enough to buy just that. Keep watching, think I saw one a couple weeks ago but let it go...
      95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
      Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
      ---
      I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

I didnt give up on my pre solo cowl and I found it finally on ebay uk in Nov. Looking for sence summer.Sometimes you need to have faith. Did you do this to your pre? Just curious I seen the other brand on ebay but once again from the previuos threads say that those LEDs dont last long. Has anybody bought that type LEDs and used it yet?

Comment

I ordered this one... It's one that was modded. I'm taking a chance with it... Should be here by the weekend
          Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
          ---

Comment

I feel like a newb... Anyone tell me where the flasher is so I can change it? I've lloked everywhere... A pic would be the best since I've looked everywhere. Thanks
            ---

Comment

If you mean flash relay.. this is my variable time relay, my oem is in a box somewhere?? it should look very similar although I dont think the oem was clear.
              hope this helps bro
              1992- project katfighter
              2005- GSXR750
              2001- TL1000R
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
              KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by niqbales View Post
                I feel like a newb... Anyone tell me where the flasher is so I can change it? I've lloked everywhere... A pic would be the best since I've looked everywhere. Thanks
                Should be clipped to the front of the battery box under the seat. The original is black and square. Cinti showed the correct variable one you will need.
                Originally posted by arsenic
                93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Thanks guys! I was looking for a round one. Finally I found a box with only 2 wires, disconnected the wires to see if the blinkers worked and sure enough... Had to pull the connecter off and shrink tubed the wires to the new flasher. Works great and the new flasher clicks so u know your blinker is on, kinda cool actually as I seem to leave my blinker on occasianlly. I'll add some pics in few... Think I want to make a custom led board eventually to put as many leds as I can fit.
                  ---

Comment

Originally posted by niqbales View Post
                    Thanks guys! I was looking for a round one. Finally I found a box with only 2 wires, disconnected the wires to see if the blinkers worked and sure enough... Had to pull the connecter off and shrink tubed the wires to the new flasher. Works great and the new flasher clicks so u know your blinker is on, kinda cool actually as I seem to leave my blinker on occasianlly. I'll add some pics in few... Think I want to make a custom led board eventually to put as many leds as I can fit.
                    Where did u pick up the new flasher at if you dont mind sayin? Any pics of led board?Really want to do this but want to have everything I need when I start. Any input would be cool.

Comment

Where did u pick up the new flasher at if you dont mind sayin? Any pics of led board?Really want to do this but want to have everything I need when I start. Any input would be cool.
                      Amazingly I did not take pics of it before I put it together, I never do write ups because I forget to take pictures along the way...

I got the flasher at autozone for $8... You could find one cheaper but I got an electronic with variable load so I can run led in the back and incandecent in the front but wont have to change it if I put led up front. I think you just need to find one that says variable load but electronic as I understand never go bad. This is what mine looked like...

My Kat had a different flasher though so I puled the wires out of the oem harness and slid them on the to prongs on the new one and then shrink tubed them for insulation, they were a tight enough fit they wont fall off unless you give it a real tug. The oem flasher is smaller and square but the holder is rubber so I stretched it to get this one in... I'll try to snap some pics...
                      ---

Comment

How many wires did you end up using from the led board?

Comment

How many wires did you end up using from the led board?
                          all of them
                          1992- project katfighter
                          2005- GSXR750
                          2001- TL1000R
                          www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

Can you elaborate on the location of the wires?Did you cut off the existing wire harness? So which two wires go to the flasher?

Did you have two yellow,one red,one black and one green?
                            Last edited by scarface; 01-16-2011, 08:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Can you elaborate on the location of the wires?Did you cut off the existing wire harness? So which two wires go to the flasher?

Did you have two yellow,one red,one black and one green?
                              to your last question. yes.

not quite sure what you mean by location of the wires and cutting off the existing harness... all you do is remove the led circuits from the plastic housing, use the wires that are hooked up to them and attach those wires to the corresponding wires in the tail of your bike. its really quite simple... it may take a little 'test wiring' if your harness is in as bad a shape as mine is an all the wires are the same color.
                              1992- project katfighter
                              2005- GSXR750
                              2001- TL1000R
                              www.lunchtimecigar.com

Comment

thats a pretty awsome mod

Comment

Working...