X

Add a digital clock to a pre kat 1998

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add a digital clock to a pre kat 1998

I have a post GSX 750 F (Katana) from 1998. Here in Europe the digital clock was first added in 2002. I just bought a complete cluster from a 2007 model and everything fits the 1998, Everything is also working except from the digital clock. My idea is that there must be extra wires to the clock that are missing on my 1998. Does anyone in here know how I can get the clock running?

Last edited by claus71; 04-15-2015, 03:44 PM. Reason: This is not a pre but a post kat 1998

Well if its anything like the 88 to 93 1100's the clock runs on batteries.

Comment

+1. FYI 1998 is a post not a pre. First year of the post.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by claus71 View Post
        I have a post GSX 750 F (Katana) from 1998. Here in Europe the digital clock was first added in 2002. I just bought a complete cluster from a 2007 model and everything fits the 1998, Everything is also working except from the digital clock. My idea is that there must be extra wires to the clock that are missing on my 1998. Does anyone in here know how I can get the clock running?

Yes, add the power wire for the clock.

Compare the wiring diagrams from both years to determine which slot(s) need wiring added to match up.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
        X