X

Yet another build thread :)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another build thread :)

So I guess this is the best place to introduce myself. I picked up a '94 GSX600F (on monday) as my first bike and I knew I was going to go naked/streetfighter with it so I didn't care too much about the appearance. I was able to grab it up off Craigslist for a pretty decent price (at least in this area).

So here's how she looked as soon I got her home:

working on it now so I only have photos of what I'm planning

front something like this:

tail something slim and probably all tubes, haven't started working on it yet.

colors probably orange and black, glossy orange (tank, fender, seat) textured black (frame, fork, swingarm, exhaust) glossy black/polished engine

lots of good ideas on this site

cant wait to see how it turns out mate

i soooooooooo want that madass 500 , all we get in the UK is 50s and 125s
    off the shelf parts do not make a custom bike

Comment

Welcome mate! the MadASS front light cluster idea looks badass. Also, nice photo composition there - keep them coming as you keep us updated

Dang - I didn't even realize that was a 500 ! - same problem in SA in that only the 125s are being brought in
      Last edited by TrickyRicky; 08-13-2008, 04:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

if you're after that kind of lighting look on ebay for Thumpster bits (the speedo is useless) they should be pretty cheap complete in a cage
        it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

thanks guys!!

photography is my job so I hope to bring some more quality to shooting my bike

I checked ebay nothing much for that bike, maybe I'm failing at teh internetz

Comment

headlights on that bike look like the projector beam ones from a pitbike
            gsxr wheels & forks or similar
            Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

no, stock wheels just painting them black, and no upside down fork

these are the lights I'd like to get, this is a car I used to have

I just can't find them anywhere, probably going to hit up ebay

Comment

Nice scooby mate!!

Comment

Thanks!! that's my first passion, have had 6 so far, currently driving a 2005 Legacy wagon, here's a shot of it

Comment

nice... and bright colors behind it too
                    -Marty (Red)

sigpic

BANGERANG RUFIO!

Comment

i'd personally lose the front fairing all together and figure out the mirrors turn signals and all the other bits. Zip ties will be your best friend. id go with a acerbis or one that is at least dot approved. my cyclops is brighter at night than my stocker!
                      Out there we are all brothers.

96 Kat 600 "bobtastic"

Comment

Originally posted by Machine Age Victim View Post
                        Thanks!! that's my first passion, have had 6 so far, currently driving a 2005 Legacy wagon, here's a shot of it
                        I like My Impreza (OBS), They are weird cars, I pretended to hate them until realizing I've owned 3! You gotta appreciate a Japanese company that zigs when the rest zag..

Comment

Originally posted by kjcmetal View Post
                          i'd personally lose the front fairing all together and figure out the mirrors turn signals and all the other bits. Zip ties will be your best friend. id go with a acerbis or one that is at least dot approved. my cyclops is brighter at night than my stocker!
                          yeah fairing is already gone. I <3 zipties, just got a new package of them. Found the lights I wanted at AutoZone, they come stock with 55w bulbs but I may put a 100w in the high beam!!

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                          I like My Impreza (OBS), They are weird cars, I pretended to hate them until realizing I've owned 3! You gotta appreciate a Japanese company that zigs when the rest zag..
                          yeah, they're odd and a rarity in South Florida, after my first two I embraced that they're the perfect car for me. I've had an '86 XT, '87 GL 4WD hatch, '00 Impreza RS, '79 Wagon 4WD, '98 Legacy wagon and now the '05 Legacy wagon. All great cars.

Comment

update, finished the headlights, going to work on the tach/speedo this weekend, then it'll be on to paint

Comment

Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or is your exhaust kinked in grand fashion?!

The lights look pretty pimpin by the way!
                              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                              X