X

Oil under signal generator cover?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil under signal generator cover?

When I pulled the signal generator cover off there was a little oil in there, nothing major . maybe a tea spoon or 2. But when i turned over the bike the oil was shooting out like a super sooker. Im guessing that there is a seal o some kind in there. It was coming right behind the signal generator. Which I beliee is for the cam or crank shaft. Whats be hind there, the manual doesnt seem to show anything.
    "Muck, what part of "Thou shall not" didn't you understand?" GOD

The engine is behind there..

Comment

oil in the signal generator area? could be maybe why my '90 750 has a gasket for the cover, and the top allen screw requires a gasket/washer the Clymer makes a big whoopdeedoo about making sure is there?
      99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
      1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
      '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
      Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Oil will get in there, If you look at the bottom of the signal generator cover housing, You will be looking into your motor in that dark hole, If you turn the signal generator by hand, you will see part of the crank sweep by. Oil in there is normal, Its why the cover has a gasket. Dont freak LOL.
        If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
        Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Ok great, I was getting worried that that was what killed my signal generator. I thought that there might have been a seal gone.
          "Muck, what part of "Thou shall not" didn't you understand?" GOD

Comment

Nope, and the oil didnt kill the signal generator either.

And I know someone said this before But man, that avitars funny... Every time I see it I laugh.
            If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
            Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

My '91 has a bit in there too... hence the gasket..
              http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
              http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
              '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
              "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
              "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Working...
              X