Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

'Katana' decal with plastic replacement.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Katana' decal with plastic replacement.

I bought a used '99 black Katana a month ago and loving it. It's a beautiful black w/blue metallic crystals in the paint and only 12k miles on it. Replacing the cheap-ass bias tires with Metzler's make it a complete package!

Unfortunately, it toppled over one day while parked in the motorcycle parking area. Yes, another biker did it or worse, a moped rider. Picked the bike up and low and behold, almost no damage! Yes, even the fairing was spared. How?

Where the 'GSX-F' or Katana decal usually sits on the fairing, there is a plastic or metal "Katana' emblem that sits there. THAT absorbed the damage. It's placed right over the frame/fairing bracing, which is how I figured the fairing didn't crack.

So I figured I'd go into the Suzuki shop and get a replacement. Gotta keep the bike beautiful. However, I found that the plastic/metal Katana emblem is not stock. Only decals.

So that means that it's an aftermarket or custom piece. Does anyone know how to get these? Also, it seems like there is this thick'sh protective tape he placed on another area of the fairing which also took a bit of a scratch. Anyone know about this either?
    Attached Files

Lookup a member called "The CyberPoet". He stocks and sells a few parts and mods for the Kats. He may have a few raised Katana emblems in stock. If he doesn't, the talk to another member Teddy. He will be able to hook you up with custom Katana decals. Good luck.
    Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

It's not an aftermarket. It was only available on the 98. After that it was a sticker.
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

Ah, thank you very much. That makes it A TON easier. Now, I hope they don't cost an arm and a leg.

I think the plastic emblem is genius. When my bike dropped, only that emblem was affected and a tiny bit underneath it. Oh, and the end of the handlebar a touch. No biggie.

Now, how about that very tough piece of tape that I found on the fairing, 3" below the Katana that looks like it was placed there to protect/hide drops?

Originally posted by brooder
        It's not an aftermarket. It was only available on the 98. After that it was a sticker.

Comment

It came on the 1999 year models only. www.crotchrocket.com or www.bikebandit.com has replacements. Go to the OEM parts for the 1999 Katana and click on the Cowl Model X, you'll see the replacements there.
          Jealousy Is Natural

Comment

Thanks. It's the weirdest thing that the dealer couldnt' figure it out. AND the diagrams are much clearer on crotchrocket.com than on bikebandit.com. Thanks for the lead.

Anyone know about the protective tape I found on the fairing?

Comment

It looks like a redneck decal mod.... made of duct tape
              Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
              - Albert Einstein

Comment

No, I think you're talking about the graphic decal. The tape I'm talking about matches the paint. In the picture, it looks slightly scarred on the fairing.

Originally posted by hellcamp
                It looks like a redneck decal mod.... made of duct tape

Comment

I have your raised emblem(s) for you, if you want one or both. I'm currently at the KatRiders rally, but I'll be back at my place by Tuesday night, I expect, and can get it sorted then. See

for a list of stuff I usually carry & general pricing.

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Whats with the signature CP?
                    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                    18v Rigid Drill
                    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Mods at the rally playing games... well, gay mods with fantasies that I refuse to fulfill. Silly boys, my other half was there, and there was no question she's a she

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

lol, that's what I figured....silly mods!
                        Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                        18v Rigid Drill
                        Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                        New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

CP, do you still have those raised Katana nameplates? PM me, please with your price.
                          GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

For some strange reason, I have two left side Katana emblems. Or maybe two right side ones. But not the matched pair right now.

Sorry.

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Will you get that "fixed"? If so, I'd like to be the 1st one to have a crack of getting them off your hands.
                              GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

Working...
                              X