X

Used Kat need advice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used Kat need advice

I just got a 2002 750 w/ 6000 today with D&D slip on. It has been about 12 years since I had a bike and it was a early 80's Honda and I was able to work on it myself. So the question is there anything I need to do that is specifc to the Kat. When I rode the bike to first time I asked about the maint and he said the oil was changed on time but besides that he has not done anything to it. He said that he never got it rejetted after the exhaust is that correct. Any advice would be apprec. Thanks
    go ahead and ruck it!!!

Is the 2002 not fuel injected??? If so, you might just need your ecu reprogrammed. If not, stage 1 jet for aftermarket exhaust.

Comment

all kats are carbied...

for maintnace stuff look over the chart in the manual... goto the tips/howto/faq section and DL the manual

mark

Comment

Valve adjustment, oil filter, oil and 29 bolts back to torque spec. Chain adjustment, chain clean & chain lube. If it's still on the original tires and brake lines, then they are both 5+ years old (since an '02 would normally be built in '01), and that means replacing them.

Generally, get the service manual (there's a download link around here somewhere) and look for everything that should have been done before 6k miles, plus everything that should have been done at the 1/2/4 year marks, then add in the tires.

KNOW THIS:
        I sell the OEM oil filters, OEM filter wrenches, OEM valve tappet adjuster tool, and other maint supplies dirt cheap.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

To add to Cyber's excellent advice...

No need for a jet kit with a slip on exhaust. If it was a full system inlcuding the header, then yes it would need one. Slip on's are primarily only for looks and sound. No real performance gains over OEM mufflers.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
          who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

I already did a search and got the shop manual, I did not want the search police to admonish me. I will get working on the other items. Thanks for the advice keep it coming.
            go ahead and ruck it!!!

Comment

Cyberpoet, how do I order the stuff I need from you?????????? Do you have a web address?
              go ahead and ruck it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rugby01
                Cyberpoet, how do I order the stuff I need from you?????????? Do you have a web address?
                CP's Site -> http://www.motorcycleanchor.com/

Or just send him a PM
                PAUL
                93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

Details/pricing for KR members are here in this thread:
                  KatRiders Members-Only Deals: CyberPoet's Current Offers

You figure out what you need, then PM me or email me with your shipping address and I'll get a quote. Like the quote? Send me the money via paypal, money order, check, etc., and I'll dispatch your stuff as soon as your payment gets here.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

FROM CYPERPOET - Valve adjustment, oil filter, oil and 29 bolts back to torque spec. Chain adjustment, chain clean & chain lube. If it's still on the original tires and brake lines, then they are both 5+ years old (since an '02 would normally be built in '01), and that means replacing them.

Can you educate me on the brake lines replacement?? Still a newb just looking a KAT education.
                    Cheers,
                    go ahead and ruck it!!!

Comment

Can you educate me on the brake lines replacement?? Still a newb just looking a KAT education.
                      Cheers,

The Answers are Already Out There

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I know, I am sorry about that. I am learning to use the search more affectively. I promise I will do better give me another chance????????????????????????
                        go ahead and ruck it!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X