X

Suggestions for cleaning leathers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for cleaning leathers

I don't mean washing them becuase they're stinky, I'm talking about getting the bugs off the jacket. I don't think I've ever cleaned mine and the wife is about to the point where she won't let me hang it in the closet anymore. I'm sure they make leather cleaners for that type of thing but is there any common household products that work just as well?
    I miss my Gixxer

Officer Down Memorial Page

I was wondering the same thing the other day - started wearing my leather pants again and they're getting full of bugs. ick.
    - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

I use a semi-wet warm/hot hand towel. It takes the bugs off quite well.
      Kyle

Comment

Just get a leather cleaner from any local leather shop. Warm water and a clean cloth will work too. I don't have that problem. I have closet that is only for the riding leathers and my military junk. It takes up an entire walk in closet.
        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

FOR GODS SAKES SHANE!!! DON'T SHRINK 'EM!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slim
            I was wondering the same thing the other day - started wearing my leather pants again and they're getting full of bugs. ick.
            OK, I haveta go there!!!! FULL of Bugs???? Don't you mean COVEREDin bugs??? No wonder you said ick!!! Just kidding Slim so please don't hit me (well, maybe just a little)
            sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
            MSF Rider Coach 27028
            MoPowerSports.com
            Torco
            SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Originally posted by GixerKat
              FULL of Bugs???? Don't you mean COVEREDin bugs??? No wonder you said ick!!!
              ummm....yes, that is what I meant.
              Did I mention I'm on medication....it's fun! Weee!!!! :smt026
              - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

That's a relief...Sounds like some good stuff!!!!
                sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
                MSF Rider Coach 27028
                MoPowerSports.com
                Torco
                SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Originally posted by GixerKat
                  Originally posted by Slim
                  OK, I haveta go there!!!! FULL of Bugs???? Don't you mean COVEREDin bugs??? No wonder you said ick!!! Just kidding Slim so please don't hit me (well, maybe just a little)
                  You sick little monkey!!!!!!!
                  1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                  2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                  Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

I picked up some Nikwax leather cleaner and conditioner and used it on my boots. That stuff did a great job. It made them look brand new. I do not know if it would work with leathers, but it may be worth a try. I ordered mine from www.campmor.com, but you can usually find it on sporting goods stores. Another thing to try is Lexal leather conditioner. Thats works great on leather seats. I have seen that in stores like Walmart.

Comment

saddle soap.

tim

Comment

CyberPoet's How to clean, treat, maintain & repair your leather...

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                          You know, yesterday when I looked at this post I was tempted to reply but decided not to for one reason or another. Then I read CyberPoet's reply.... Ah....that's why I didn't post a reply.

Cyber, I'm thinking you should go on Jeopardy and give that dude a hard time. What, is he up to 1.7 million now . Think of the money you could make man. If you need and "in" I could talk to my dad. He went to university with him way back when.

Comment

I appreciate the offer, but I would fail my first time out -- I never remember to phrase things as questions, and there are often categories that I don't know squat about (oh, and I hate jeapardy). I realize "Win Ben Stein's Money" isn't the same type of moola, but I think I could give Ben a decent run for his money... much more my kind of thing.

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

just ride in the rain

Comment

Working...
                              X