No announcement yet.
X

Gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend gave me a new pair of tour master gauntlet style winter gloves years ago. The knuckle guard is carbon fiber and they have armor in the fingers and the cuffs. They even have a wiper blade sewn into the left thumb. Believe me that comes in handy! Anyway they were a bear to break in, prob why he gave them to me. Once broke in they feel great! Good and warm without being sweaty. I ride nearly year round with them.

Comment

Why don't they make some gloves out of the same material they do jackets!? My jacket is protective (tear resistant), waterproof, reflective, not black, and warm with the winter lining!

Comment

I have a pair of FXR winter snowmobile gloves.

great gloves and less then $100
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by Jcates888 View Post
          Has anyone else tried or considered heated glove liners? I got mine for just $80 from CycleGear (Sedici brand). Like many others, I wouldn't trust Cycle Gear brands (e.g., Sedici, Bilt, etc.) for protection, but anything that is less important than my safety, I can trust to their stuff when it has a lifetime warranty. That's what is great about the liners - I can use my Alpinestars quality gloves for protection, and just add the liners for winter.

So far I have found they work quite well. Sometimes a little too warm, but I can't complain when it turns my summer gloves into year round gloves!

My only other hesitation was that I don't like the idea of being wired to my bike (the gloves have a wire that connect to the battery terminals). It's not ideal, but I'm not sure there is a better long-term option, unless you can somehow wire it to a smaller battery in your jacket instead of your bike.

I did see a box of 40 pairs of hand warmers at Costco for just $15 today. That's a pretty good deal, and if I had my own Costco card, I might have bought those and returned my Sedici heated glove liners.
          The best way to deal with the cold... IMO is to buy battery pack powered heated gloves. The ones that have the battery pack and variable heat are my favorite because they don't need a bunch of wires and mess.
          The heated liners are good too but I like it built in because the 2 layers is kinda annoying for me.
          I had these First gear carbon heated gloves http://www.motorcyclehouse.com/men-m...-9649-prd1.htm but I had to return them because they weren't warm enough for my needs. Now I don't really ride in weather below 30 anymore so I don't really need much which is why snowboarding gloves is a good idea.

Comment

Got my Cortech Scarabs after 2 weeks in mail. Gotta say they are very nice. Lots of stitching and well padded with nice straps.

It's rarely cold here...maybe for a few weeks, so I won't be wearing them much.
            Rode: 198X Italian moped,1978 Honda CB750, 1988 Kow 600 Ninja,1985 CB250, 1998 600 Kat, 2001 Chineese 250 POS
            Ride: 2002 750F Kat
            "I like my beats fast and my BASS DOWN LOW"

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
              I use glove liners to help stay warm. +1 on nitrile gloves.
              Im curious, when does it get cold in GA ?

2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

John has a different tolerance for cold than you do Mo
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

haha
                  2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

hey I rode today it was 42*.
                    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by Circuitmage View Post
                      Got my Cortech Scarabs after 2 weeks in mail. Gotta say they are very nice. Lots of stitching and well padded with nice straps.

It's rarely cold here...maybe for a few weeks, so I won't be wearing them much.
                      How can it even be any cold in the state of TEXAS? Lol. I'm in Canada... my seasons done already.

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
                        hey I rode today it was 42*.
                        11 F yesterday for me, and I didn't even get cold on the ride! I love my fieldsheer tourtemp jacket. I just wish I could buy another one now that my zipper broke yesterday :'(

Comment

Originally posted by michael Douglas View Post
                          How can it even be any cold in the state of TEXAS? Lol. I'm in Canada... my seasons done already.
                          I think we suffer more from shock than real cold.

This week it hit almost 90 as a high the last couple of days. Tomorrow it's supposed to be a high below 40 for a couple days.

And sometimes....we even get snow or ice on the road!

...but not often.

And I did have to re-discover that riding in temps at 34deg plus windchill= ice on visor.
                          Rode: 198X Italian moped,1978 Honda CB750, 1988 Kow 600 Ninja,1985 CB250, 1998 600 Kat, 2001 Chineese 250 POS
                          Ride: 2002 750F Kat
                          "I like my beats fast and my BASS DOWN LOW"

Comment

Makes me appreciate my riding weather. Problem is the snowbirds

Comment

I was riding in what you would call 30F today, which was a very mild day for us.

I bought a cheap set of battery warmed inner gloves. They seem to do the job. Its hard to tell.

Comment

Working...
                              X