X

Gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloves

So here we are, zooming headlong into winter. After many, many cold, hard and wet ones, can anyone point me to a pair of gloves that are actually waterproof and warm? I mean really, no leaks, no chill, no excuses. I want dry and warm hands.

Thanks in advance peeps
    Don't trade it - upgrade it!

I had good luck with Akito's. Stations I think they were, looking for another set now it's nearly time to retire my summer gloves.

Comment

Nothing but the best, Race proven with added touch of heat and waterproof.
      The Heated VR-Pro Gloves also known as VR-PRO-H Gloves use Infra-Red heat to guarantee warm hands in the coldest of riding days. Three LED temperature settings, 6 layer construction, Completely waterproof , TPU knuckles and finger protectors, Super Fabric Scaphoid and palm sliders, built in face-shield squeegee on thumb, Water resistant Cowhide Leather, Kevlar Thread stitching and plus many more features make this Battery operated glove the most unique and exclusive heated Motorcycle glove in the world.

Features:-
      Constructed from 1mm water resistant cowhide leather
      Stitched with Kevlar Thread through out
      TPU Knuckles and finger protectors
      7 Layer construction (Leather, Foam Padding, Heat Trap layer, Water Proof membrane, Thinsulate, Carbon Fiber Heating pad, inner liner)
      LED temperature control button with 3 settings
      3.5 hours of continuous portable heat
      Built in face shield squeegee
      Rechargeable Lithium Polymer Battery
      PU mold wrist/battery protector
      Pre-Curved Fingers
      Gauntlet style designed to go over jacket cuffs.
      Infra-red Heat guaranteed never to heat up excessively and burn through
      3 Year warranty on heating pads
      One year warranty on all manufacturing defects

Attached Files
      Last edited by Ratman; 09-29-2013, 06:22 PM.

Comment

For $300?

Got to be kidding.

Comment

hippo hands
          Hippo Hands are the original motorcycle hand cover. They keep hands warm and dry while riding in inclement weather by shedding wind, rain, sleet and snow. Ride with warm hands on cold days. Extend your riding season!
          1990 katana 1100

Comment

lol <- for realz

I don't think I could ever use those.
            Rode: 198X Italian moped,1978 Honda CB750, 1988 Kow 600 Ninja,1985 CB250, 1998 600 Kat, 2001 Chineese 250 POS
            Ride: 2002 750F Kat
            "I like my beats fast and my BASS DOWN LOW"

Comment

Hippo hands

I've found that no pair of gloves is waterproof more than like once maybe. I carry nitrile gloves in my bags when touring and throw those on under the gloves if it's wet. Keeps your hands dry and gives some extra insulation.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

When you get down in the teens, the HippoHnads look really attractive. Anything to get the wind off of you hands helps.

Comment

I use glove liners to help stay warm. +1 on nitrile gloves.
                  never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Hmm..but seriously. It is getting cooler, and I myself need to get some winter gloves too.

I know racers that swear by some pricey gloves, and I'm not for the full armor race look, but I don't want mechanic gloves either.

Some Thinsulate Winter Sport gloves are what I am looking for. Some with a gauntlet to go over my riding jacket, cause that's where the cold air is going...right up my sleeve.

I'm looking at these;

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Xelement-Leather-Motorcycle-Winter-Gloves/dp/B0034GRV3G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383578400&sr=8-1&keywords=winter+gloves+motorcycle"]http://www.amazon.com/Xelement-Leather-Motorcycle-Winter-Gloves/dp/B0034GRV3G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383578400&sr=8-1&keywords=winter+gloves+motorcycle[/ame]

...but they DO have those knobby armored thingies on them...hmmmm

Any other ideas, without going for the full $100+ armored gloves?
                    Rode: 198X Italian moped,1978 Honda CB750, 1988 Kow 600 Ninja,1985 CB250, 1998 600 Kat, 2001 Chineese 250 POS

Comment

I honestly don't remember if they're waterproof or not - I never get rained on when I'm wearing them (just when I'm wearing the summer gloves...) but for something warm, Cortech Scarabs work well. Think I got mine for ~$75 2 years ago.
                      1998 Katana 750
                      1992 Katana 1100
                      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Nice. $85 on ebay now...need Med.

Comment

When its below 40 degrees and I'm feeling crazy enough to ride, I normally just throw my snowboarding gloves on. Their just some pretty generic winter gloves but their warm and water proof. But even these if they start to get soaked I'll feel the wetness. I suppose using some waterproofing spray on their would help with that. Only thing is they're not built for protection, so while it covers the warmth and staying dry, its not helping protect you in the case of an accident.
                          - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

Originally posted by rottenpixies View Post
                            When its below 40 degrees and I'm feeling crazy enough to ride, I normally just throw my snowboarding gloves on. Their just some pretty generic winter gloves but their warm and water proof. But even these if they start to get soaked I'll feel the wetness. I suppose using some waterproofing spray on their would help with that. Only thing is they're not built for protection, so while it covers the warmth and staying dry, its not helping protect you in the case of an accident.
                            That's actually a pretty smart and cost effective thing to do. I definitely wouldn't trust Xelement stuff at all.. It's just not good enough for the kat in case we go down.

Might be a good idea to keep some snowboarding gloves nearby in a tank bag or something.

Comment

Has anyone else tried or considered heated glove liners? I got mine for just $80 from CycleGear (Sedici brand). Like many others, I wouldn't trust Cycle Gear brands (e.g., Sedici, Bilt, etc.) for protection, but anything that is less important than my safety, I can trust to their stuff when it has a lifetime warranty. That's what is great about the liners - I can use my Alpinestars quality gloves for protection, and just add the liners for winter.

So far I have found they work quite well. Sometimes a little too warm, but I can't complain when it turns my summer gloves into year round gloves!

My only other hesitation was that I don't like the idea of being wired to my bike (the gloves have a wire that connect to the battery terminals). It's not ideal, but I'm not sure there is a better long-term option, unless you can somehow wire it to a smaller battery in your jacket instead of your bike.

I did see a box of 40 pairs of hand warmers at Costco for just $15 today. That's a pretty good deal, and if I had my own Costco card, I might have bought those and returned my Sedici heated glove liners.

Comment

Working...
                              X