Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Going from USA to South America on a KAT!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for all the advices. i am finishing some arraigments and hopefully departure date will be 09/15/09...

Comment

Good luck on your trip, should be memorable to say the least.
      John,
      '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
      sigpic

Comment

I might think the summer would be dryier

Comment

Sounds like an incredible journey. Be safe and keep in contact
          Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Anyone talked about insurance?

Comment

there is no insurance....

just....

Comment

I know one can get "Mexico Insurance" for reasonable prices that will cover you in case some common "Mexican Problem" happens such as getting robbed, kidnapped, bike-jacked etc. Dunno about anything about coverage for south of Mexico though.
                Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

There is such a thing as travel insurance (would be very, very wise to carry if feasible -- covers medical & medivac -- check InsureMyTrip.com for some pricing).

There are also global insurance policies for vehicles/drivers, but whether the company you insure through currently offers them is a different issue. Suggest you read this:
                  http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...-insurance.htm and check here:

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                    There is such a thing as travel insurance (would be very, very wise to carry if feasible -- covers medical & medivac -- check InsureMyTrip.com for some pricing).

There are also global insurance policies for vehicles/drivers, but whether the company you insure through currently offers them is a different issue. Suggest you read this:
                    http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...-insurance.htm and check here:

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    I approve this message! Travel insurance is a wise decision, especially when riding a motorcycle through... ehh.... questionable and unknown areas. Do some research, and find one that covers everything you want it to. The medical and flight coverage (medical, civil unrest, etc) are the most important, in my opinion, but there are many other options that can cover your personal belongings, the cost of flying family to you if you are hospitalized, etc.
                    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

well due to a short of money i wont be able to get insurance, so its my only option...

I'm back in Denver and everything its ready...

I will be leaving Denver on 09/16... really early, and still deciding witch border crossing i'll be taking, so if anyone has a suggestion...

Pictures of my departure will be on 09/17...

Thanks for all the support!!!!!

Comment

Not prying or anything, but if you can't shell out a few hundred for insurance, how do you plan to pay for the trip? I'd find it a wise decision to get insurance. I read one particular travel log that really hit it home for me, and if you read advrider I'm sure you know which one.
                        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

is riding through Mexico on a bike really a good idea?

Comment

This guy would say no.... but I would be happy to try it anyways.... http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136505

(be warned, it can be disturbing.... )

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                              This guy would say no.... but I would be happy to try it anyways.... http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136505

(be warned, it can be disturbing.... )

yes, i have read the entire post, and i understand the importance of insurance. in the other hand i just have the money for the trip, i did some research and the insurance its about 700 dollars and the deductibles are very very high.
                              Its something that i am still debating.
                              I am planing to play day after day, and ride very safely.
                              I know there is not enough preparations for the uncertain but that's life...
                              I really thank you the advise to get insurance.
                              do you know another company that will be less expensive?

I'll do an extra research on this topic.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by FDuranCol View Post
                                yes, i have read the entire post, and i understand the importance of insurance. in the other hand i just have the money for the trip, i did some research and the insurance its about 700 dollars and the deductibles are very very high.
                                Its something that i am still debating.
                                I am planing to play day after day, and ride very safely.
                                I know there is not enough preparations for the uncertain but that's life...
                                I really thank you the advise to get insurance.
                                do you know another company that will be less expensive?

I'll do an extra research on this topic.

Thanks again.
                                Look up Medex. They seem to have good rates, and they allow you to choose up to 10 destination countries.

Just running a generic quote for several central and south american countries, I'm coming up with $269 for about 3 months of coverage with a $250,000 medical limit, $100 deductible, and $125,000 death benefit (not sure if you really need that, don't know your family situation).

Comment

Working...
                                X