No announcement yet.
X

New tires on my 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good deal, there IS a reason theres a "Pilot power, now and forever" thread in the tire and suspension forum

See My Garage for mods...
    T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
    Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

ep87 - Yes, that is one of Krey's widened swingarms. I originally mounted it on my 93 600, but it looked a little stretched, so now I am going to modify my 600 swingarm to accept the 5.5" rim.

ep87 & Wild-Bill - Here is the list of parts I am currently using. An RF600 axle (Bandit 600 is the same), RF600 sprocket side spacer (twice as thick as Katana), RF600 caliper side spacer and a Bandit caliper bracket. I am still using the Katana caliper, but a 240mm GSXR brake rotor. Also the torque arm for the caliper has been modified to clear the tire. There are two types of RF600 caliper brackets. One uses the torque arm and the other braces itself inside the swingarm and has no torque arm. I am going to replace the Bandit caliper bracket with an RF unit once I can find one.

Thanks Irish!!

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
      who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

hey Court, what year is the 750....
        I too want to put a 180 rear on my 92 kat... so will it fit right on or will i have to do a mod to the swing arm?
        1990 GSXR 750 Slingshot(sold)
        1992 GSXF Katana 750(sold 2014)
        1994 GSXF Katana 600 (gave away)
        2007 Suzuki Boulevard C-90 (sold)
        2003 GSX 1300R Hayabusa (purchased 2013)

I MIGHT HAVE BEEN THE BIGGEST DUDE YOUVE SEEN ON A 750 KAT.....

Comment

Originally posted by Court93kat View Post
          ep87 - Yes, that is one of Krey's widened swingarms. I originally mounted it on my 93 600, but it looked a little stretched, so now I am going to modify my 600 swingarm to accept the 5.5" rim.

ep87 & Wild-Bill - Here is the list of parts I am currently using. An RF600 axle (Bandit 600 is the same), RF600 sprocket side spacer (twice as thick as Katana), RF600 caliper side spacer and a Bandit caliper bracket. I am still using the Katana caliper, but a 240mm GSXR brake rotor. Also the torque arm for the caliper has been modified to clear the tire. There are two types of RF600 caliper brackets. One uses the torque arm and the other braces itself inside the swingarm and has no torque arm. I am going to replace the Bandit caliper bracket with an RF unit once I can find one.

Thanks Irish!!
          Thank you sir. looks like I should PM Krey soon and see if he's still doing the arms. Bought a set of Busa USD forks last night, need to start getting the stuff for the rear stock piled. Wifes going to kill me.
          Richard
          96 Suzuki GSX750F
          89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
          05 Yamaha WR450F
          05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

nice
            2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Originally posted by d_phi_d View Post
              hey Court, what year is the 750....
              I too want to put a 180 rear on my 92 kat... so will it fit right on or will i have to do a mod to the swing arm?
              My 750 is an '89. No it will not fit right on. Read my original post about moving my modified swingarm to this bike. Also my post right above yours about using one of Krey's modified swingarms.

Thanks Mammut!

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
              who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Working...
              X