No announcement yet.
X

Katana dies when shifted into gear...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i suggest checking wiring diagram for location of wiring in the wiki.
    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by blitz2190 View Post
      well its not there also those two rubber lines with bolts in them shouldn't be plugged, next step would be to grab a wiring schematic and trace down when the stand connects to then bypass it the wiring diagram should be on here somewhere
      was wondering about those, theres 2 others that are plugged also.

okay ill find that out and let u guys know what happens, thanks.

Comment

this diagram is pretty hard to read, thought i was reading it right, thought i put the wires buuut i guess not. its still the same.

Comment

600 or 750?
          never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
          Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
          confused katana build

Comment

600 or 750?

Comment

find your relays there should be a solid green wire coming from one that is you side stand relay, trace that wire and see whatt its connected to, suppose to connect to the relay, diode and sidestand switch
              never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

confused katana build

Comment

find your relays there should be a solid green wire coming from one that is you side stand relay, trace that wire and see whatt its connected to, suppose to connect to the relay, diode and sidestand switch
                yeah i found that green wire and followed it all the way and its cut off right under the seat. and i was loooking at the diagram and not to sure where the relay is at.

Comment

connect that wire to a ground, black with white stipe, relay should be on the other end of that wire

confused katana build

Comment

Okay i did all that right. But that's when I wrote back saying the bike was still doing the same thing. Should the wires be twisted together or? There's metal tips on both and the black & white clips into the green, that how it should be?

Comment

yes but you need to find out if the other end is actually connected to anything otherwise you can plug it into anything to want and it still wont work

confused katana build

Comment

Oh okay. I will check that when i get home if I still got some light outside.

Comment

yes but you need to find out if the other end is actually connected to anything otherwise you can plug it into anything to want and it still wont work
                          I found the end of the black & white wire, it wasnt plugged into anything so i plugged it into a spot I thought could be it buuut it wasnt cause nothings changed. I'm gonna mess with it tomorrow, It got to dark. do u know where the black and white wire should plug/ be connected to?

Comment

the black and white is a ground, you need to find the end of the GREEN WIRE, it should be plugged into a relay

confused katana build

Comment

I fallowed it and it does plug into a relay. could that be bad?

I didnt touch anything and it was shifting into gears just fine without dying then it rained now it dies when it gets put into gear.

Comment

ok now take that wire and attach it to a ground any ground doesnt matter where just ground it as in attach the green wire to a ground, obviously if the black and white wire isnt attached to anything at the other end it wont work find another ground point is MAKE SURE YOU ATTACHED GREEN WIRE TO VALID GROUND

confused katana build

Comment

Working...
                                X