X

Crashed with no gear on :( and i preach about wearing gear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashed with no gear on :( and i preach about wearing gear

alright i have been putting off posting this one well i know i am going to get lectured and harassed and looked down apon and all that good stuff.. but i DIDN'T HAVE TO POST... but i am choosing to.. i don't have pics yet but they were taken.. i am away from a digital right now..

anyways for the story..

Samantha the girlfriend came to the charlotte area for the weekened.. well her car broke down and she needed to be in class monday mourning.. so i gave her the 200 mile long ride home to wilmington.. stayed over night in wilmington to go home monday..

figured i would go get something from walmart what it about 1/2 mile away.. so a mile long round trip...

mistake number one.. went to wal-mart.

mistake number 2 and 3... i didn't wear my jacket and i was to LAZY to put my boots on... so i went with the "UNIFORM" my cotton hurley T-Shirt my mossimo Sandals and my jeans with the ICON Burner Gloves and luckly my old HJC CS-12 Helmet that midlife gave to me.. (im glad i wasn't wearing my new KBC VR-2 Dragon Race helmet..

anyways went to walmart picked up the milk and cereal and started to come back home..

this is when things went majorly wrong...

my throttle stuck AGAIN.. this is the second time it has stuck in a week.. last time i didn't wreck but i also had a open area that i could think in time what to do..

this time i had a camaro in front of my that i could see becomming closer and closer as i hear the FZR's engine reving closer and closer to the rev limiter...

i am not sure 100% if i grabbed the clutch or not i think i did.. but basically the front end came up and i grabed the breaks both front and rear.. ultimtly the front came down and the front tire wasn't going to move it skidded to the side and when i think i let up on the breaks i also let up on the clutch.. what sent us both flying.. the bike went over on the right side.. i don't know if i flew or if i just fell off and started to skid along the asphalt..

i do know i stopped skidding before the bike as for i got the chance to watch my bike skid for another 25-50 feet after i stopped and ran to the side of the road..

the guy in the camaro pulled off into the median and made sure i was alright and asked if i needed an ambulance.. i said no.. i do not wish the cops to be involved if i didn't hit you.. he said my bike didn't

so he was nice and picked my bike up out of the road and said ahh man you need a truck you cracked your crank case... i looked at the crank case and said ahh it's not much oil comming out.. and it wasn't thank god..

i rode the bike back to the APPT. parked the bike and proceeded up stairs slowly as for on the short ride home the pain was starting to set in... oh the pain...

Samantha opened the door and all i heard was OMG.. are you ... DO you need somthing....

i just did the it hurts dance arroun dthe living room for a little bit knowing that i had to get into that shower and clean out my mistake... and i KNEW... this was going to BURN :fire honestly i think a bullet would have been easier....

so i got into that shower and i wanted to cry but the way i am... with pain like this.. i can't make up my mind weather i want to cry or if i want to laugh...

so with my almost crying half way laughing self i managed to stay tearless.... ultimatly speaking on the inside of my right arm i have road rash about 2 inches wide from my wrist to my arm pit.. with a chunk of skin about the size of a dime missing from my elbow area right where you bend your arm.. right where that crease meets the inside of your arm.. then on the top of my right arm i got some on the upper forearm and on the elbow area.. i got my right knee mainly lower knee pretty good and the left knee just a little..

as far as for the feet.. my left side is fine ..

my right could be SO MUCH WORSE.. it has some rash on the toes and the foot but considering i can see all of my foot and ankels i am very happy...

my gloves saved my hands usually i apt to slide on my back.. but this time i didn't want to slide at all.. i didn't know where to slide so i tried to slide on my gloves... as for i know how THICK they are (like 3 layers of leather on them IB knows what gloves i am talking about.. those onces with the flames on them IB at CG that where 100$ marked down to 30$ yea those..)

anyways yea they have a small tear in them and the right glove the knuckles took a small beating..

i also got some road rash on my right butt cheak a little lower then where i got my last bit of road rash from the last wheelie accident

my helmet got one small new scratch on it that was it..

the bike well it's ridable i will be riding it home in pain tomarrow i was going to go home so much earlier until this happened but i had no choice but to heal my wounds up some what they are doing quite well now. but i still know the ride home is going to hurt..

i went to wal mart and bought some JB WELD (not the kwik stuff this time) and i patched up the peanut cover it's holding up well it's had plunny of time to cure so.. should be all good..

the fiberglass side fearing well i was surprised it didn't shatter it got scrapped down some but that's it.. i thought it was going to be TOAST but it's not really.. i also thought the bike was going to be more scrapped up and or ruined then what it is.. but man i took more damage them the bike did.. goes to show you the brute force of the FZR hehehe.. i also think having the YZF600r (stuntacats old one) peanut cover on the FZR helpped out alot the FZR peanutcovers crack easy and what not and are thinner.. the YZF's is thicker and don't crack as easy... so i guess that is a blessing in it's self...

lesson learned i am no longer riding with out the jacket and boots sorry somthing so simple could have saved so much pain it isn't even funny..
    but in the end it also helpped convince samantha into wearing gear as well.. i had her try on gear at cycle gear so we could size her up and well it was a pain to get her to try stuff on but i know what all she needs now.. and she is willing to not give me a hard time when it comes to wearing it now.. so that's always a big PLUS...

i will post the pics when i get them developed or i get home to take some .. but the pics pretty much taken right after are far worse then the one's i would take now... but oh well..

ultimatlly i am glad i am ALRIGHT.. nothing is broken and i am not dead..

someone is watching over me and has for some time...
    Woody
    http://www.nationalcyclesupply.net
    http://www.ncsupply.com

WOODY: Boot to the head...

TDR: This is exactly what I meant in our conversation Friday about riders not being trained at MSF on what to do in emergency situations that crop up.

WOODY: Correct action - clutch in with the left hand, kill switch with the right hand. And learn to do your maint more frequently (stuck cable or cable linkage).

Arrrgggg!
    At least I'm glad that you get to walk away.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

MAN CYBER (MARC) i am going to kick you to the head..

yes i know clutch/kill switch i really do... but in the split second i had to think that was the last thing i was thinking about...

i knew somthing bad was going to happen.. what i wasn't quite sure.. i really thought the back of that camaro was my point of impact not the ground... he wasn't moving fast and i was accelerating..

all i wanted to do was the human instinct of STOPPING.. i wanted it to be over i wanted to stop.. so as we all know the only way to stop is pull the breaks.. and that's what i did..

and remmeber even if MSF did teach that i wouldn't know i took the DMV Test.. you know weave in and out of some cones...

i wish i had a better outcome but i am damn glad i came out with what i did and not worse.. i will be honest i had one thought go through my head when i was sideways and i knew what was happening next... the car to my right behind me just a little bit... and JASON.. i say no more.. but you know what i mean..
      Woody

Comment

It's one of those things that you shouldn't have to think about -- persistance of muscle memory issues -- when shit starts to hit the fan, always clutch in first (settles the bike and removes inputs), which should have happened before the bike's front wheel left the ground... The kill switch would have been the next logical choice as the engine rev'd towards it's redline without input.

Hmmm...

PS - tell her I'm really happy she wasn't on the bike with you.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

so am i..

i hear what you are saying..

ultimatly though it could be far worse...

and lets just embrace the fact i am here today typing to you and others thank god.. i know what i should have done and could have done..

but i didn't

and i am really glad Sam was not on the back of the bike.. and i am glad she learned from my lesson..
          Woody

Comment

Well , you know better . If I was there , I probably woulda : you . I've done it before .....
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

All I'm gonna say Woody is good thing you're still here to learn from it!!!!!

Mistake made, Lesson learned, fix the bike and ride on!!!!
              sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
              MSF Rider Coach 27028
              MoPowerSports.com
              Torco
              SoCalTrackDays

Comment

I too want to boot some head! At least a lesson has been learned and been taught to others that ready from this.
                "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

heres your boot to the head from me

lesson learned I hope and its good that the GF has gear now also.

Comment

Kyle, glad you're alright, save some rash.

"In trouble? Pull both levers." I should know. :P

Comment

Damn. That's at least your third big fall this year. Your road rash must have road rash.

I'm not saying you're squidly but I think you should seriously consider changing your riding style before the laws of natural selection catch up with you. We don't need another story like that of Jason Harrill (aka Jason05). Please be careful.

Comment

Glad to hear your ok...Can't say much about the gear cause I too dont wear full gear all the time, but man.....SANDALS....come on....heal up buddy, get back on, and be careful.........
                        "It is not how these officers died that made them heroes.... It's how they lived"

Comment

Glad To your ok Woody!!!
                          Now wear your gear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred
                            Glad To your ok Woody!!!
                            Now wear your gear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
                            +1

"I'm not bad...I'm just drawn that way..."
                            Jessica Rabbit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3iUp9UjuMo

Comment

Bugger mate, it's the biggest fear, yet it happens all the time. Just learn from your mistake and thank whoever you believe in that life isn't worse.
                              2008 Ducati 1098
                              2001 Suzuki Katana 600
                              Suzuki Proud
                              Ducati Strong
                              Rode across the US and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X