2008 Rally Fontana Dam, NC

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Pics and Flicks

Pics and Flicks Share your motorcycle pics and videos here.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
Shifty
Knee Dragger

January 09 KOTM

Default Video: My "OH S%!&" moment for the weekend

Last weekend I took a fast run down-and-up Hwy 23 in Arkansas - The Pig Trail, as it is known - with a group of cars. The group consisted of a 500hp Audi S4, 400hp STI, 380hp VW Jetta, 280hp Beetle, and two Porsches (a 944 and 914, both modded) all on R-Comp rubber. I was on my 620 and my buddy was alongside on his ZZR1200.

During the run back up, the Jetta and S4 lead with the 944 third in line and my buddy and I on our bikes behind him. The Jetta and S4 pulled away pretty quickly, and with two bikes nipping at his heels the 944 driver got a little too overzealous. This video is from inside the 944. What you don't see is how much speed I had coming around that bend that I had to scrub off in order to avoid him! First time for me balancing traction between a hard cornering manouver and panic braking, I think I did pretty well. Luckily I had built in some following distance through the curves for just such an occasion!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijw1_OSswOs"]YouTube- Porsche 944 spin on pig trail[/ame]
Shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:53 PM   #2
curseboy
Knee Dragger

looks like he tried to setup for the corner too late, was he not familiar with the road?
curseboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #3
Shifty
Knee Dragger

January 09 KOTM

He is familiar with the road... he apparently went in a little hot, downshifted and didn't get revs matched properly. As I said, he just got a little too focused on chasing down that ridiculous S4 and Jetta.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:44 PM   #4
thetable
Kat Legend

Cars and bikes don't play well together. Just glad everybody made it out unscathed.
Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break
thetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #5
zuma
Kat King

Nice to see you got out of that one, Shifty. Nice hearing from you again too.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."
zuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:52 PM   #6
Shifty
Knee Dragger

January 09 KOTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuma View Post
Nice to see you got out of that one, Shifty. Nice hearing from you again too.
Thanks! I lurk every now-and-then... ... and every time I log on I remember how cool this place is. Truth be told, I still post here more than any Ducati forums.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:03 PM   #7
his-royal-freshness
Katrider

944= no traction control or abs, he shouldnt have been trying to keep up with the more modern cars to begin with
his-royal-freshness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:17 PM   #8
teddy
The No Money Modder
Supporting Member

KOTM Nov 2007

Icanhaz380hpJetta? Pleez?!?! turbo'd vr6 or what? i heard that the vr6 bottom end is good for nearly 30lb of boost if you space out the head from the block to lower the compression ratio....any truth in that from your experience? water cooled stuff is still pretty new to me (aside from the ritualistic water pump and t-belt job on the wifey's 2.slo)...I come from air cooled background....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpiGTV
You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.
teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:54 PM   #9
thetable
Kat Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by his-royal-freshness View Post
944= no traction control or abs, he shouldnt have been trying to keep up with the more modern cars to begin with
944 properly setup and on the right tires with the right driver will surprise some people. I've been passed by a few on track. Near perfect weight distribution from the factory, minimal electronic nannies, minimal weight, and decent power.
thetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:23 AM   #10
Free Coffee
Kat Master

eBay ID: Breedurh8

Doh! 'Glad you weren't on his bumper.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
-Travis of the Cosmos

KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Pics and Flicks