X

1100 carb slides not sliding

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100 carb slides not sliding

Hi, I have a '92 GSX1100. I recently installed a Dynojet (I know what you're about to say but the FP was not available) kit and a V&H exhaust.
    I was very methodical when installing the jet kit but now after reassemble the slides are not sliding.

I can only assume that I have lost the vacuum but I cannot figure out where.
    While I had the bowls off I adjusted the float levels back to std. The slides move freely, the engine starts and revs, the boots appear to be tight. The hoses are where they should be.
    I did not drill the pilots as recommended by Dynojet or make any other changes.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. After waiting 9 weeks for the Vance and Hines this is all I need.

Cheers

I used to run the dynojunk kit on my 1100 before getting a FP.I don't know what you mean by not sliding as thee is nothing to cause that.Be careful with the springs as they can pop off the perches during installation and coil around on the tops of the slides.

Comment

Thanks for the response,s
      Maybe I misunderstand how the vacuum slides work. I thought that when you crack the throttle the slides rise in response to the change in vacuum which pull the needles out of the pilot valve.
      So when I say they are not sliding; with the air filter removed you can see the slides, when I crack the throttle the slides do not move.

Comment

Originally posted by Pole View Post
        Thanks for the response,s
        Maybe I misunderstand how the vacuum slides work. I thought that when you crack the throttle the slides rise in response to the change in vacuum which pull the needles out of the pilot valve.
        So when I say they are not sliding; with the air filter removed you can see the slides, when I crack the throttle the slides do not move.
        Ahh...so you're doing this with no load on the engine. Not going to create much vacuum that way, are you....

Go for a ride and see if it still pulls.
        93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

Steveb, This is news to me, I thought that slides would move even when in idle.
          I recall seeing this before I installed the jet kit.

Pole

Comment

Originally posted by Pole View Post
            Steveb, This is news to me, I thought that slides would move even when in idle.
            I recall seeing this before I installed the jet kit.

Pole
            I have the same bike, I have never seen the Flat Slides move at idle or while revving with no load on... I believe that the engine has to be under load in order for them to move...

I did notice in your original post that you installed a jet kit but DID NOT drill the jets... if you went with anything other than stock specs on the needles, the mixture will be all wrong if you did not drill as noted on the install instructions...

Something to look into....

TonyE
            "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

I am pretty sure that the air jets only have to be drilled on CA spec bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
                I am pretty sure that the air jets only have to be drilled on CA spec bikes.
                I just realized he was not talking about the mains... my bad... Face palm...

"Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Ran the bike on the street and it performs like a CB250 Wet Dream. I have seen the slides moving previously when reving the bike on idle. I am stumped, I have not touched the vacuum circuit and the only thing I did to the slides was clean them!
                  I am wondering if the diaphragms might be loose or ....something?

As for the pilot valve, the instructions say to see if the bike is running rich before drilling. I am in Canada so there would be a little difference between CA and Ontario.

Back to the drawing board, any ideas......anyone?

Pole

Comment

Working...
                  X