X

El Camino's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Camino's

Any one here like El Camino's? I've loved them since I was 15. I just purchased (not officially seller is holding until Sunday in Jacksonville for me). But it's 1 owner, 1984 EL Camino, 350, 4 bbl carb. 151,000 original miles, paint and hood are in rough shape but I wanted something I can work on and fix up....got it for $1200 (if he holds up to his end and has the car there and it's in good working order as he stated it was on the phone)

I already have a paint and body man on stand by that owes me and my girl a favor. Just gotta get the paint. Looking at Blue, with Black Racing Stripes...I think it will be sharp when finished.

So here is the sellers pic.

Here is the look I am going for...

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

The "newer" ones are not my favs.. But they can be sweet.
    I never knew they made them for so many years until I moved to the South West.
    There I saw many early 60's El Caminos and Rancheros..

Comment

i have a buddy who's done work on a Camino- turned it into a <9 sec car on the strip. It was royal blue with big white stripes. Really beautiful car, not overdone like a lot of them can be. It's a lot of work..
      sigpic
      "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Dad said he had a rancho with the 460, that it was the fastest thing he ever owned, and is sorry he sold it (apparently it sucked in the rain and snow).
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

That second Camino's clean.
          =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

that black one is AWESOME just from the bodywork aspect....jet black, super straight

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
            You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
              That second Camino's clean.
              Originally posted by teddy View Post
              that black one is AWESOME just from the bodywork aspect....jet black, super straight

Yeah i'm not planning on over doing it in the looks dept. Just black or blue with stripes.....

Looks wise going for that second pic.....Speed wise will depend on what I can afford

Comment

I had an 85 Camino in high school. Rocking a 305 and some moon babies. It was a turd but I loved it. straight body, white paint with an orange racing strip.
                Needs an anger powered jetpack.

Comment

My first car was an '84 elcamino conquista. 305 with the craptastic "quadrajet" that never ran quite right. My dad and I replaced it with a 305 TPI from a z28. It turned out awesome, very straight.

Looking back on it, what a great car they were! drove basically like a car, but if you put 70 psi in the rear shocks, mine would haul 1000 lbs worth of motorcycles. It probably wasn't in the design specs, but it worked.

Mine got stolen from a church parking lot my senior year. We recovered it stripped, and thats when we put the new camaro motor in it....and then it got stolen again a year later. Apparently all it takes is a pair of pliers and a screwdriver. who knew they were so popular?

Comment

In-laws just restored one a couple of years ago... not sure the year, 70 something... Think it got sold (like most of her projects do. She gets bored with them when they are done... )

Krey
                    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

If you make one as clean as that black one...I may drive down, stick my bike in the bed...and just yoink it from you.

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
                        If you make one as clean as that black one...I may drive down, stick my bike in the bed...and just yoink it from you.

Yes c;mon comes complete with an armed 6'5" 250lb owner!

You can have it if you can take it....

Armed - Springer Champion 1911 .45 EDC (every day carry) and an THM ar15 with enough glass to put 5 rounds in a quarter size space at ~300yds!

Comment

I had a 78 Elcamino
                          I bought it for $1500 nearly 20 years ago
                          I had done some work on it over a years time and went to transfer the title to myself thats when I found out there was a $5000 bank lien on the car
                          Fortunately I was able to track down the seller and get the title straightened out

I drove the crap out of that car , my wife hated it
                          It was dark brown metalic over gold
                          Those GM's( Malibu's, Monte Carlos. Elcamino's) had severe rear frame cancer here
                          I would be curious how the southern salt free ones stood up
                          Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

El Camino's can either look absolutely gorgeous, or very very bad.

Gorgeous- Your plan of blue with racing stripes (I'm guessing like vintage SS stripes that don't go all the way to the end of the hood, right?)

Very Bad- Yosemite Sam "back off!" mudflaps, fake side pipes, and JC Whitney fake chrome rocker panels.
                            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                              Very Bad- Yosemite Sam "back off!" mudflaps, fake side pipes, and JC Whitney fake chrome rocker panels.

Comment

Working...
                              X