X

any ideas on newer model forks for my 97 750 41mm forks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any ideas on newer model forks for my 97 750 41mm forks

a fork on my sf style 97 kat was recently damaged(someone backed into my parked bike putting a nice lil cut in the left fork) and ive been looking for salvage but then i thought i could get a newer models forks
    they are 41mm forks anyone got ideas for me
    apreciate it

Race Tech shows your forks to be Showa 41mm. What I'd recomend is go over to Race Tech and use their search feature to find out what other motorcycles use the same Showa 41mm forks. From there you'll get an idea of what vehicles to look for.

From my own search so far, early Honda VFRs, Honda CBR F2 & F3s and Honda VTR1000 Super Hawk use a Showa 41mm fork.
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Keeping it suzuki

400 & 600 bandits, 600F, 750f, rf 600, sv650, early 750 & 1100 slngshots all have 41mm dia forks of very similar design, although the lengths & brake mountings + discs differ

If you want better forks & brakes its quite simple to swap the complete front end to pretty much anything you want with a bearing or stem swap

tone
      Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Thats the way ta go!!!
        Joker
        The newest addition to the Family!
        sigpic
        stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
          Keeping it suzuki

400 & 600 bandits, 600F, 750f, rf 600, sv650, early 750 & 1100 slngshots all have 41mm dia forks of very similar design, although the lengths & brake mountings + discs differ

If you want better forks & brakes its quite simple to swap the complete front end to pretty much anything you want with a bearing or stem swap

tone
          +1. Swapping forks isnt so easy. You can end up with a clusterfk of figuring out what wheel will fit, what axle diameter or length, what brake discs and calipers...... Easier to swap a whole front end, or use katana forks again. But hey, its winter, so we all have time to figure stuff like this out!
          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
          X