Katana of the Month - November 2007  teddy

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Pics and Flicks

Pics and Flicks Share your motorcycle pics and videos here.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:46 PM   #51
ctandc
Kat Champion

Makes me miss my numerous project cars...

All were DAILY drivers, rain or shine....if you're not driving them, what good are they?

Last one was a 85 IROC...408 sbc modified TPI, T5, 3.42 gears.....that thing was just pure fun...
ctandc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:00 AM   #52
whitecl0ver
Kat Legend

eBay ID: whitecl0ver

April 2010 BOTM

mine will be a daily drive as soon as I get some keys cut for the doors so I can lock it....

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com
whitecl0ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:49 PM   #53
rexazz2
Kat Legend

eBay ID: uburocks

so how is the progress
Old 04-23-2010, 05:39 AM   #54
rtabish
Poser

eBay ID: n/a

i am on this site... http://www.elcaminocentral.com/ where you will find lots of ECs like yours [officially known as Gen5s or fifth generation]. these are getting more and more popular mostly because they are relatively inexpensive to get into, can be modded pretty easily, and are still pretty plentiful. it is next to impossible to find a 72 and older el camino that someone doesn't want an arm and a leg for...even just a shell of a car can go for big bucks if it is a documented SS.

this is my Gen4 77 Classic. thanks to the low compression smog engines and outlandish safety bumpers imposed on these and other mid-70s vehicles, they were never very popular. but engines can be built, and other problems can be fixed. i like mine.

Last edited by rtabish; 04-23-2010 at 05:42 AM..
rtabish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:33 AM   #55
whitecl0ver
Kat Legend

April 2010 BOTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexazz2 View Post
so how is the progress

Was offered $2,000 for it when I had $1,300 total in it....Sold it....currently looking for a replacement in better condition since I have more cash to play with now.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:55 PM   #56
whitecl0ver
Kat Legend

April 2010 BOTM

BRING IT BACK FROM DEATH!!!! !

I have been presented with an opportunity to pick up a 1978 Ford Ranchero for a reasonable price. I had an 1984 El Camino I was working on about 5-7 months ago, that I got running great, but my paint and body friend backed out of the deal we had made, and I could not afford to spend $4,000 getting the paint and body work done. So I sold the car. I was planning on buying another El Camino (with a better paint and body) and needed more on the motor dept. since I can turn a wrench). But my money got spent on a boat instead.

Any way fost forward until Saturday. I went to a party one of my wife's dear friends. She has a 1978 Ranchero that was her dad's. She doesn't want to sell this car to some one that is going to "**** it up" so to speak. So when she found out I like El Camino's and Ranchero's she is wanting to do anything to sell me this car. Even owner financing with 0% interest.

Specs:

1978 Ford Ranchero, 29K since rebuild on 1976 460 cu.in engine. Cylinders bored .30 over; Keith Black forged aluminum pistons. Crane Performance Cam; Crane Roller Rockers; Edelbrock Performer Manifold; Holley 750 CFI Carb; Melling High Volume Oil Pump; Double Roller Timing chain and gear; High performance distributor and ignition system; Standard cylinder heads; 9.5 compression ratio; Lincoln rear - higher ratio rebuilt C-6 transmission; New front disc calipers, rear drums and shoes and 2 1/2 inch exhaust system. and a/c compressor (new when I bought); Flow master mufflers, Hurst floor shifter (I had this put in); Solid aluminum wheels;New Radiator (I put in); transmission oil cooler; air shocks, trailer hitch.

Interior is in good shape, and paint and body arn't bad. Original paint still has some gloss, and no rust in El Camino/Ranchero trouble places (under the doors, and under the rear window).

So sounds like it's worth $3,000?
Old 09-07-2010, 04:09 PM   #57
rtabish
Poser

not much of a fan of the elongated front ends on the mid 70s fords. i know they are not much longer or heavier than the earlier versions...maybe a couple hundred pounds or so, but that nose is too much.

with the work on the big block, how it runs, and of course depending on what cars like that are going for in your area, 3 grand is pretty close to what they are worth. mid-70s cars of any kind are not yet as popular as earlier cars...probably won't be for a while. i get a lot of thumbs-up on my EC, but when i try to press it as a "classic", most people reply with a "too bad its not a 70" or something along those lines.

check the sub-frame behind the real wheels for rust in the frame, and along the bottom of the rear fenders. also under the carpet, especially on the drivers side under the gas and brake peddle.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:27 PM   #58
whitecl0ver
Kat Legend

April 2010 BOTM

As time keeps ticking buy, it will be a classic!
Old 09-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #59
rtabish
Poser

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecl0ver View Post
As time keeps ticking buy, it will be a classic!
that's what i keep saying about ME
Old 09-07-2010, 06:50 PM   #60
bob393
Kat Champion

eBay ID: bob393

I love El Camino's!
My first car was a 1964 Camino and I have since had a 1969 and a 1971.
My dream car is a 69 big block. But I would like any one.
Just love um!

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
3BBB turn signal mirrors,
Black painted seat and rear trim,
Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

bob393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links