X
X

Ordering a solo seat cowl

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim's our hero, Jim's our man...If Jim can't do it, no one can!

Comment

Originally posted by brooder
      Special Order Item. Anyone heard of that? FloridaKat?
      What's your definition of a special order item? I define it as 1 off custom piece designed for a single application.

Comment

Re: Lost Confidence

Originally posted by FloridaKat
        I admire the fact that you are doing something that no one else has stepped up to the plate to manufacture. However, you should be able to handle constructive criticism without "buddy" and "pal" if you're providing a service to the public. That just comes across as arrogant and cocky with a potential to lose future orders.
        You have a point IF you're talking about conversing through his business website. BUT, this is not his business website. This is a forum board that he provides us, at his cost, for FREE.

Comment

This is a not forum where we publicly allow calling out of any KR member without just cause. We don't do that stuff here. If you want to converse with BraadaJim about his business, feel free to do it via another means than out in public. He's made his statement, everybody on KR backs him up 110% so if you feel the need to carry this discussion on further please do so in private.

We're not going to get into a discussion about what constitutes a special order item and what doesn't or how braadajim should run his business or how he shouldn't. This isnt the place for that as I mentioned and it's quite disrespectful to do so.

Thanks.

Comment

Re: Lost Confidence

Originally posted by AHF
            Originally posted by FloridaKat
            I admire the fact that you are doing something that no one else has stepped up to the plate to manufacture. However, you should be able to handle constructive criticism without "buddy" and "pal" if you're providing a service to the public. That just comes across as arrogant and cocky with a potential to lose future orders.
            You have a point IF you're talking about conversing through his business website. BUT, this is not his business website. This is a forum board that he provides us, at his cost, for FREE.
            Looks like I'll eat some humble pie.

Comment

You get what you pay for. I made my own cowl from aluminium foil, duct tape, and super glue. Total cost? $4.57 (thanks walmart). It looked fantastic from 150+ feet in the dark while I was moving at faster than 50 mph. But if you want quality, you could "pay" someone to "fabricate" a part "from scratch".

Oh, and aluminium foil cowls don't like wind .

:P

Comment

Ok so maybe I should have not asked about the solo seat cowl lol... the reason I asked the question about the seat cowl was not to rip braada/jim apart it was just a question and should not be blown to the point of trashing him. I know I am new here and may not really have an opinion but it seems to me that jim is trying his best seeing as he probaly has his hands full and stuff and doing something positive for Katana riders that as far as I see no one else has. I kind fo knew there would be a little wait for my product seeing as they are hand made and I am willing to wait for it to come. If you really think about this the price is not that bad considering hand made and for parts that are hard to find I don't mind paying a little extra(ex hugger,etc...) Now jim has not responded to my emails but he has posted something to give people a heads up and I respect that. I know he is trying his best and if you don't want to wait he is willing to give you a refund which kind of goes against his policy on his website.
                All I am saying basiclly is give the guy a break and if you are not happy waiting don't trash him just ask for the refund. To me this site/forum has been very informative and has helpful to dos etc... anyways like I said I may just be a new member but that is just my opinion.
                "Wait you are hitting me for something I might do"

Comment

what's a cowl?

Comment

Topic Locked Due to Enough is Enough. Please PM me HS2020 and I will find the answer out for you. This way Jim can concentrate on doing his job and that is making the Cowls that are Dam nice and one of a kind for Katanas. Thank you nothing more to see here.

KR Mgt.
                    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Working...
                    X