X

Swap progress/Couple of pics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swap progress/Couple of pics

My camera died on me, so I was forced to take these pics with my m:robe mp3 player....but it's a good generalization....

So far, it's going fairly well. The frame repair has been completed, and everything is straight once again. The subframe had a tube that got bent during my last lowside in the rain, so I took it to the shop, where my journeyman (red seal welder/fitter) cut everything apart, re-shaped the tubing, and welded it back together. There's still a slightly gimpy spot where the kink was, but the subframe is straight now, and sitting even on both sides.

The swingarm went back on this weekend, along with Ne-oublie's wicked dogbones (1.5" raise), Cyber's Ohlins 46ERS shock, and the rear wheel - now sporting the Galfer wave and Pilot Power 160. I also got the fork back, with Cyber's Ohlins springs and the Racetech valves installed - along with all new seals and stuff....

I also managed to get the Galfer blue braided lines (complete with polished gold fittings!) onto the bike, both front and rear, and threw the new speed bleeders in as well....

I mocked up the hugger this weekend, and it looks like it should go on with relative ease - I just wish I'd have had my real camera for those shots.......Next weekend will be the plastics - I'm getting them back from paint on Monday, so I can do the GSXF emblem install along with the vinyls....Then I'll mark out and drill the hugger and undertail for installation, since I'll actually have the tailsection to use as a guide. PIAA Plasma bulbs are going in next weekend as well, and then the only thing left to do will be the actual motor install - but it doesn't arrive for two weeks.

I also snapped a couple pics of my buddy's race-spec '05 10R while we were there....We finally finished the rebuild on his bike this weekend, and everything seems to be running just fine...It's equipped with all the goodies - Yosh Tri-oval full system, Vortex adjustable rearsets, PCIII, K&N, Ohlins damper, full race plastics....wicked bike.....he'll be racing CMRA and EMRA this year. After warmup, a quick handful of throttle released a 4-foot flame from the pipe which almost ate my eyebrows!

FrankenKat 1216
    GS Fiter 816
    GSXR750! (race)

hmmm... i need a better job.
    I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

Looking good so far, can't wait for a ride report

Originally posted by skasner
      hmmm... i need a better job.
      I Know the feeling
      Kyle

Comment

what kind of stands are you using on your Kat? i took off my centerstand when i upgraded my exhaust, so i'd like to find a nice set of "race" stands that do not require any mods to my bike.
        I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Comment

The rear one I don't really know.....All it has on it is a "fastguys.ca" sticker, and I can't seem to find anything that's the same.

The front is a Vortex, which I just got from kneedraggers....that thing makes lifting the front end INCREDIBLY easy!!! I also have a Motomaster bike jack sitting there, waiting for the motor to arrive...My plan is to have the chassis on the stands, and then simply jack the motor into place...But that remains to be seen... :P

FrankenKat 1216
          GS Fiter 816
          GSXR750! (race)

Comment

what kind of stands are you using on your Kat? i took off my centerstand when i upgraded my exhaust, so i'd like to find a nice set of "race" stands that do not require any mods to my bike.
            Any non-spooled stand will work on the Kat. Sometimes called universal stands.

I hear Pit Bull makes the best ones, but of course, they are pricey.

Comment

Hey those are good pics for an MP3 player!

Looking good!

Comment

They're ok.....the originals are actually 1280X960, but photobucket resized 'em all.

The mp3 player is that Olympus m:Robe MR-500i, which is a pretty cool thing - 20GB, 4" LCD touch screen controls, 1.3MP camera......the only thing that suxks about it is the software that you have to use to transfer stuff....it's really stupid, and difficult to figure out for the first week or so....

FrankenKat 1216
                GS Fiter 816
                GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
                  Any non-spooled stand will work on the Kat. Sometimes called universal stands.

I hear Pit Bull makes the best ones, but of course, they are pricey.
                  i have a "universal" stand at the shop, but the swingarm is too wide to fit in the 'C' shaped mount points. i guess i need to keep looking.

where does that front stand mount to the bike? oh wait... for $132.00 it doesnt really matter, lol. I'll stick to cinder blocks.

Comment

Working...
                  X