No announcement yet.
X

OIL COOLED??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took my Kat in a parade last october for halloween. 60 degrees out, nice day..about 30 bikes riding together..but all the stop n go, even with shutting off the engine every chance I got she overheated in a BIG way, first time I ever had a problem with it. Ive road in plenty of hot days and tons of traffic but that day there was no stopping it from happening. We're talking engine smoking, taching up to several thousand rpm even in nuetral. Needless to say I had to bail out of the parade early and shut it down, push it about 6 blocks back to my local hang out and let it sit for about an hour till it cooled back down and then it was fine. I changed the oil and filter right away and since then, no ill effects fortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy
      I'll see your one pic and raise you another PIC.
      Mind if I use the pic on my website?

Also, wanted to see where you came up with the mounting ring or backer solution... I had someone else asking about it and didn't know where to send him.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
        I'll see your one pic and raise you another PIC.
        Mind if I use the pic on my website?

Also, wanted to see where you came up with the mounting ring or backer solution... I had someone else asking about it and didn't know where to send him.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Sure, fine by me. You have my permission.

For the mount, I just used Auto Meter's 2 1/6" mounting cup for the gauges. Here's a link to Summit Racing's web site for the mounting cup, except I bought mine at the local auto parts store. They work perfectly.

And I wish I had more time to check on that electrical sender for the oil pressure. I saved your email, so when I'm ready, if it happens, I'll let you know. Bummer they could not have a mechanical one.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

And I wish I had more time to check on that electrical sender for the oil pressure. I saved your email, so when I'm ready, if it happens, I'll let you know. Bummer they could not have a mechanical one.
          Sorry bout that, but I can see the logic in routing the information via wire instead of running the pressurized oil all the way to the dash, especially given the gauge construction for all-weather purposes (heavy on plastics).

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
          X