Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Trying some custom work, tell me what you think.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, now after a few days of messing with it i might just scratch the gsxr front. Of cousre I already cut my one side fairing like crazy, so I can pretty much junk that and find another. It might just be too wide for the bike, and if I narrow it, I am going to have to do something different with the headlight.

This is the gap.
    101_0465.jpg
    92 Kat 600
    mods so far:
    -96 750 engine -04 gsxr1000 rear fairings -02 gsxr 1000 6" rear wheel -and f upper fairings -190/50r17 tire -custom extended swing arm -02 gsxr rear brakes -520 chain conversion -gsxr forks and front end -undertail exhaust -04 yam r1 pegs and shifter -750 rear suspension -+2 rear sprocket -minus 1 f sprocket
    www.myspace.com/waltwallace

Comment

I love the looks of that gixxer tail on it. How hard and how much?
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Actually it was free. My friend bought a wrecked gsxr and bought an entire fairing kit to fix it. So I traded him some of my junk for his extra pieces. I love the barter system.
        As for fitting I have cut out some bars in the rear for it to fit, But I am going to cut the entire rear off the bike to hide all the subframe bars behind the tail plastics.

The fitting to the tank doesnt match exactly, so I am adding some steel to it to make it look like its factory.
        Last edited by walwal63; 12-25-2008, 01:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        92 Kat 600
        mods so far:
        -96 750 engine -04 gsxr1000 rear fairings -02 gsxr 1000 6" rear wheel -and f upper fairings -190/50r17 tire -custom extended swing arm -02 gsxr rear brakes -520 chain conversion -gsxr forks and front end -undertail exhaust -04 yam r1 pegs and shifter -750 rear suspension -+2 rear sprocket -minus 1 f sprocket

Comment

Originally posted by walwal63 View Post
          Well, now after a few days of messing with it i might just scratch the gsxr front. Of cousre I already cut my one side fairing like crazy, so I can pretty much junk that and find another. It might just be too wide for the bike, and if I narrow it, I am going to have to do something different with the headlight.

This is the gap.
          [ATTACH]11741[/ATTACH]
          I grafted an upper from an RF900 onto my old GSXF and the width was almost perfect if you're looking for an alternative

Comment

Looks great so far

Comment

Just make sure you drop the new nose piece dow low enough...
              i've seen a couple projects like this and most of the new nose fairings look to be mounted up too high compared to the supersport they came off of
              98 GSX750F
              95 Honda VT600 vlx
              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

ah. good point. I think I am going to throw the front wheel on to check that.
                92 Kat 600
                mods so far:

Comment

tell me how that works out i want to do the same thing

Comment

Any new pics?

Comment

yeah i will get some up this weekend, i have only been getting a few hours a week lately to mess with it, but i should be able to put a good weekend in on it.
                      92 Kat 600
                      mods so far:

Comment

bro i would love to see new pics plz

Comment

if you can get the gsxr frame that goes with the tail from your buddy you can make new mounts on the kat and it will give u a perfect fit i post a pic of my kat with a 750 gsxr tell thats how i did it

Comment

well, i finally got a good couple hours of work in on it., so i will show you some progress.

I decided, I want this on it:
                            32309 021.JPG
                            32309 022.JPG

its from a 02 gsxr1000 6 in wide wheel.

and it isnt going to fit into a stock swingarm.
                            So, I am making a new one, actually modifying the existing one.

laying it out,

32309 256.JPG

I'm going to make it 1 inch longer than a stock 750 swingarm. And use the gsxr axle.

making a few spacers,

32309 260.JPG

I'm using 1x3 rect tubing, as I think this will work perfect with the gsxr axle.

32309 261.JPG

I am going to have it adjust like the katana did, the gsxr adjusts totally different.

A new sprocket, 49 tooth, a tiny bit bigger than the katana, a lot bigger than the 42 tooth gsxr sprocket. That sprocket would have really thrown the gearing way off. Also it is a 520 width, for no other reason than the fact that the notch i have to make in the frame near the engine sprocket will be less.

32309 262.JPG

this is the axle, sprocket, caliper, wheel, swingarm beams, and spacers cut to the perfect width, assembled. It worked out great.

32309 263.JPG
                            32309 264.JPG
                            92 Kat 600
                            mods so far:

Comment

now, laying out the swingarm, i cut the original beams off the swingarm.
                              32309 268.JPG

and shaping the new beams onto the front half.
                              32309 273.JPG
                              92 Kat 600
                              mods so far:

Comment

Chrome Project Part 1
                                http://www.freewebs.com/mreedohio/

Chrome Project Part 2

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Chrome Project Part 3
                                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192&page=30

Chrome Project Finished
                                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=107586

Comment

Working...
                                X