X

Bad Tach?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Tach?

Alright so I tried searching and I can't find it so I will give everyone the rundown and hopefully someone can help me. I have a new to me 94 kat 600, and the tach doesn't register any rpms.

All lights and signals work, including the lights on the gauges, neutral light, oil light. Horn works. Dead battery, bike is being jumped to start(don't yell at me, I don't plan on putting it on the road for another month or so). When I ran it, it was on the kickstand just to check everything out.

And finally yes I have checked the shop manuals, they aren't too helpful in aspects of the tach, but seeing as every other electrical component works - I need help.

Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.
    94 katana 600, 98 dodge durango, 08 can-am spyder on order

Start at the tach and start working down the cables to the next pigtail, open it, check it, continue. Usually such failures are a result of corrosion in a pigtail (molex) connector leading to the instrument. If you have someone else with a pre-98 Kat in your area, see if you can convince them to let you use theirs to test if your actual tach is good or bad.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
    X