Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Help with 94 Suzuki Katana clutch issue!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with 94 Suzuki Katana clutch issue!!

Hello good ppl;

My name is Antwain Brown I'm 27, I haven't been riding for too long so please bare with me. My issues is I recently dropped my bike due to not properly putting down the kickstand all the way as a result the bike tipped over and broke the clutch lever in to. the only part of the lever still attached was the part u actually bolt to the bike upon picking it back up I realized that with the clutch lever completely broken the bike would still allow me to go into every gear! I'm not sure but i thought thats was only possible if i pulled in the lever. However it wouldn't not crank. granted I've had hard time cranking it b4, i would have to pull the lever allllllll the way in then crank not sure as to why though. So i ordered a new one; got on youtube and google and learned how to replace the lever but even after i replaced it it still won't crank and the bike is still letting me jump into every gear without touching the lever.

Help me please; I told me Girlfriend I couldn't live without her (Suzki)
    any insight on this issue would b greatly appreciated

Ok, not sure about all Kats but the 1100s have a switch on the clutch that prevents the starter from working unless the clutch is pulled in. These switches are fragile plastic thing that fits in the lever. Could be the switch is broken. There are threads about overriding and disabling the switch. As for going into gear with clutch, is the engine running? Its not quite clear to me the situation.
    '81 GS850G, '90 GSX1100F, '96 BMW K1100RS

Comment

Working...
    X