Katana of the Month - April 2007 - KatanaSoldier

Welcome to the KatRiders.com forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Touring 411

Touring 411 Stop into this area for all things touring related. Get all the info. you need
on how to prepare for long rides and tours. Whether you're a true iron butt
or a beginner to long rides, this is where you want to be.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:34 AM   #1
Doc_speeder
Skid Mark

Default Best soft bags for Pre-Kat?

I'm planning for next summer when my Kat is ready for the road. What's a good solution for saddle bags and maybe a tail bag? The Nelson Rigg bags seem decent. I'd likely fab up a simple side rack system to strap to.

What do you guys use for luggage on your pre-Kats?
Doc_speeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 01:27 AM   #2
Lachie
Squid

Loaded up for 3 day 500k trip with the mrs
Dririder soft bags and hard tail bag/case on custom packrack (Cause I didn't like the standard fitting packrack one)

Bags didn't scratch the paint secured well and have plastic over bags they and had plenty of room left over didn't need any side frames at all.

Packed here is two sleeping bags two person tent double air mattress and just enough clothes for relaxing in and still not expanded.

Traveled well

BTW I made up a little flat bracket to move to turn signals a couple of inches back.

This is the rack I made up with some SHS tube welded together which bolts to the pillion grab rail mounts.

Last edited by Lachie; 11-09-2017 at 12:52 AM..
Lachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

KatRiders.com > Suzuki Katana Forums > Touring 411