X

sproket changes - NEED INFO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sproket changes - NEED INFO

I have read comments by various site members on this issue, which are very informative. However I own a 1998 750F which has a standard 15-45 sprocket with a 116 link chain.

I have the option to fit a 15-47 with a 118 link chain, I know I will benefit by acceleration and moviung mid range with the loss some top end (no prob).

My question is how much will it effect fuel consumption and by what degree will my speeedo be out considering it has an output shaft pick up.

I gather the speedo will read high but by how much. too many gatso and eager Cops around to ignore!!

Otherwise if no appreciable benefit I will fit standard.

Biggles

Originally posted by biggles View Post
    I have read comments by various site members on this issue, which are very informative. However I own a 1998 750F which has a standard 15-45 sprocket with a 116 link chain.

I have the option to fit a 15-47 with a 118 link chain, I know I will benefit by acceleration and moviung mid range with the loss some top end (no prob).

My question is how much will it effect fuel consumption and by what degree will my speeedo be out considering it has an output shaft pick up.

I gather the speedo will read high but by how much. too many gatso and eager Cops around to ignore!!

Otherwise if no appreciable benefit I will fit standard.

Biggles
    First, check...

Motorcycle speed and sprocket calculator with bike database for gearing, sprockets, tires and chains of over 1900 bikes. Request yours to be added as well.

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

and then know you can pick up a speedo healer to correct/offset any needed adjustments for the readout with sprocket or tire size changes.

Here is an example...

Decrease in gas mileage would depend primarily on how you drive it. If no changes in how you drive, I would estimate you probably will loose 2-3 miles per gal. with only going up 2 in the back.

Krey
    Last edited by Kreylyn; 03-04-2009, 12:43 PM.
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
    X