X

bent rim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bent rim

i bent my rim but its still driveable and not shaking at all,but if i choose to buy a rim,should i go with a +98 or are the rims all the same size on all kats?

I think this should cover the fitment questions.

And yes, you should either replace it, or have it straightened. There are some companies that specialize in straightening, I don't know of any, but I know they exist.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
      I think this should cover the fitment questions.

And yes, you should either replace it, or have it straightened. There are some companies that specialize in straightening, I don't know of any, but I know they exist.
      I was run off the road in my Jetta and it screwed my rim bad. The guy at the shop told me to get a new rim because straightening it out wasn't a viable option. Maybe it was THAT screwed up or something about car wheels If it were me I'd get a new one.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I don't know a company that straightens rims, but I DO know a company that recycles aluminum

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
          I don't know a company that straightens rims, but I DO know a company that recycles aluminum
          Kansas Can around my parts...IMHO, don't even jack with straightening a rim. Get new and learn why it happened and DON"T DO IT AGAIN!!!
          It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

yeah i agree get a new one..and i would be kinda leary about riding on a bent rim...
            sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
            k9 GSX-R 600
            GO VOLS!

Comment

How bent? Suzuki gives an a ok to anything under .08" My last rim was out .05" side to side and I did not notice it. My current rim is out of round by .02" and it's hard to even see it on the tire. It can be a long hard process to get a straight wheel of EBAY! Here's the worst one I got.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L01hokleJ6s"]YouTube - Dishonest seller! Ebay[/ame]
              Last edited by GSXfs600; 12-20-2008, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Well that convinxed me to never buy rims off ebay. I hope i never bend mine they cost an arm and a leg
                sigpic

Comment

uuummm, I've bought 3 rims on ebay and sold many other, trust me there are a TON of good rims out there.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                    uuummm, I've bought 3 rims on ebay and sold many other, trust me there are a TON of good rims out there.
                    arsenic...you're my HERO!!!!...

No seriously though, for every ton, there is ANOTHER ton not worth a F!!! And most likely found on ebay / CL...
                    It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

Thanks guys,ill go do some hunting on e-bay

Comment

Did you bend the front or rear rim? I may be able to help you out. I have a set of rims from a '98-'03 katana 600 that I will be selling eventually. Sooner than later if you need 'em. Shipping wouldn't be too expensive and very quick since I live near Houston.
                        1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

Hell i bent them both,pot hole at 70!But i think its still within tolerance,anyway thanks guys.

Comment

My kat had a bent rim when I got it. There is a place somewhere out east that will straighten the but cost would be over $200 with shipping. I bought a rim off eBay for $50 and it was perfectly straight

Comment

Working...
                            X