X

1st real ride of the year...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st real ride of the year...

So yesterday I went and tried to start my bike after sitting all winter....with the battery in it on not even on a charger. When I tried to start it, it just clicked and the headklight went out. Dead as a doornail battery. I slapped the charger on it for 2 hours and it started right up. I took a small ride for about an hour and stuck it back in the shop. I didn't put the charger on it after because I wanted to see what kind of shape the battery would be after sitting overnight. 9:00 this morning it fired right up and I slapped on my new leathers and hit the road. I don't know how many miles I did, but I was on the road from 9 this morning until 4 this afternoon, with just a small stop for lunch and another at city hall to pay some fines I got this winter. You know...make sure everything is kosher for riding season.

The new suit feels good, but a wee bit tight in the legs. Of course I had sweatpants under because it was only 8 degrees celcius...which is about 48F.

Gotta luv the cool temp though cuz the bike seems even stronger. It went like a bitch. Brought it up to 270kph today.....and it was great. I got this big ass grin on my face now.

[img][/img]
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

My Kat likes the cold air. My fingertips don't

Ride safe.
    Race On The Track ... Never On The Street

Comment

Looking good Mojoe , is that can stock?
      Kyle

Comment

Great stuff man, congrats on the first ride ! Im so jealous I cant wait for this friday afternoon !!

Comment

How do you Canucks handle having a whole quarter of a year slip by before you get out on the roads with your bikes? Good Grief!

Just teasing you. Lookin' good there

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

My nootz get chilly in the cold weather.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
              Looking good Mojoe , is that can stock?
              thanks....and no.....that is a set of jardines that i picked up on ebay. it was less than $100 US for both cans and mid-pipes. I am not crazy about the looks of them, but the sound is awesome. they are experimental. that bike you see in the pic will be candy red in the next few weeks. I have a spare set of plastics and tank, and it is all painted except 1 pc i have to do over. then i am going to swap it all. i am going to experiment with the exhaust. polish the cans, then candy powdercoat. if it sux, i will strip and polish. if it still sux, i will put the stock back on or my 4-1 yosh.
              I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Nice bike! Every time I see pictures of older 1100s, it makes me miss my old 1988 Kat 1100. It was solid blue with the orange pinstripes/graphics. That was a great bike.

Comment

Man, what kind of tire is that on the front? Looks like a rain race tire with that tread pattern!
                  -Steve

Comment

Nice looking Kat you've got there.

But in the background it looks like someone stole your trailer but left your boat!
                    - Beave

1998 Katana 600 - Traded
                    2005 F4i -

Comment

Originally posted by stevnmd
                      Man, what kind of tire is that on the front? Looks like a rain race tire with that tread pattern!
                      That's a Metzeler ME33 v-rated bias ply. I don't know about the 1100s but some years of the pre98 750s came stock with them on the front and a ME55 on the rear.

Comment

Working...
                      X