X

First and Second rides

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First and Second rides

So the weather was nice enough this weekend to go for a ride. Whicket and I head out about 4:30 Saturday afternoon for a ride around town. Weather is about 4*C and the roades are mostly dry. 10km on the first day. Wife was a little tentative, but was just trying to remember everything we learned at the riding school. Nice little ride around town and home to rest. It was unbeleivable. All kinds of looks from people. Anything from "you are totally crazy" to "that is so cool".

Sunday comes with a forcast of rain or snow. We are both bummed out. As the morning goes, the black clouds start to roll through Calgary. We are just outside the city in a small town and are watching and waiting. Clouds head south and completely miss us. We are totally excited at this point. A quick check of the highway conditions and I join the wife outside to see how the weather is looking. She is so excited all she is doing is try to convince me to go. I already knew we were, but it's fun to watch anyway.

So we get all dressed up and roll the bikes out of the garage and fire them up. People are looking at us like we are the craziest people on the planet. Anyway a small ride around town again to get the feeling back again. Whicket looks better this time. Much more confident and not nearly as tentative. So we head out onto the highway. #1 four lane highway 35km out to the next town. Grinning like a 18 year old boy on prom night. Get into Strathmore and hit the Tims for hot chocolate and juice. Then back to Calgary to meet some friends and home again.

Total weekend ride 115km. This is going to be the best thing I have ever done. Now to get some bags and do some weekend touring.

Sorry but has nobody told you? All first of the season rides MUST be accompanied by PICS.

NO EXCEPTIONS.

Comment

I posted up pics of when we got them. Not good enough? Who's gonna take pics when we are both riding. I don't want to stop to take pics. Whicket just wants to ride and then hurry home for uhhhhh.....well you know. (no pics of that either. sorry)

Comment

Originally posted by StblJmpr
        I Whicket just wants to ride and then hurry home for uhhhhh.....well you know. (no pics of that either. sorry)
        What a SELFISH woman.

(psst...Whicket...CALL ME!)

Comment

Sounds like the two of you are off to a great start!!
          Hope your season is filled with enjoyable rides..

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Glad to hear some people are getting an early start to the season. Keep on riding!
            "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

I'm so Jealous .

I need to get into the garage tomorrow and get the Kat road worthy!!!!
              Kyle

Comment

you guys really need to move! good times though. glad you enjoyed the hell out of it. a sign of things to come.

Long Live the D

Comment

I was driving around town (thursday isn't coming fast enough) and saw a few people out on their hogs (Colorado Springs has plenty of Harleys...). I couldn't help but smile and say "that'll be me soon!"

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
                    I'm so Jealous .

I need to get into the garage tomorrow and get the Kat road worthy!!!!
                    Yeah bro, you better hurry up .. I'll be getting mine out on friday afternoon.. gonna leave work alittle early so I can get a few good hours in.

Congrats on the Rides Jmper !!! Here's to a great season on 2 wheels !

Comment

Working...
                    X