X

Fianlly!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fianlly!!!

Couple guys were at the my Kat when I walked out of Cyclegear today.
    "we've been looking at your bike and can't figure out what it is.."

Good! That's what I've been shooting for!
    (I did end up telling them..)
    All those mods have paid off!

so you don't want people to know you ride a Katana?

Comment

Originally posted by katana bob
      Sounds like he's ashamed or something

Comment

where is that
        Worthless without a pic smiley

Comment

Not at all..
          I just wanted the RatKat to be distictive enough that people wouldn't know what it is right off..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
            Not at all..
            I just wanted the RatKat to be distictive enough that people wouldn't know what it is right off..
            Well, it seems you have succeeded.
            "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Not at all..
              Not everyone is as talented as Walteri!

Glad you got the response you were looking for. I've been getting a lot more questions since I removed the Katana logo decals and put the GSXF emblems on it. "What's a GSXF?"

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Cyber, where did you get the GSXF emblems from? I've seen them on other peoples bikes here. Now I want some. Seems like as soon as they see KATANA they chuckle, but when it says GSXF they are like, Cool. WTF? I don't get it.
                Anyways.......where?

Comment

Originally posted by Dudemanlouie
                  Cyber, where did you get the GSXF emblems from? I've seen them on other peoples bikes here. Now I want some. Seems like as soon as they see KATANA they chuckle, but when it says GSXF they are like, Cool. WTF? I don't get it.
                  Anyways.......where?
                  I tried to get them out of Europe and didn't suceed (after a 9 month wait while they were on back-order). I went the other direction after that and ordered them through one of our members in Australia instead... A few months later, and they were here.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Hmmmm. My wife is from the UK and I lived there for 7 years. I still have family, on the wifea side, over there. My brother-in-law rides a Ducatti. Anyway, Ill check and see if he can grab some. Heck he works in sales maybe we could get something going. He is pretty dang good too.
                    I sure would like a set.

Thanks CP

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                      Not at all..
                      Not everyone is as talented as Walteri!

Glad you got the response you were looking for. I've been getting a lot more questions since I removed the Katana logo decals and put the GSXF emblems on it. "What's a GSXF?"

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      I get those same questions as well since I put on the dragon decals and got rid of the stock Katana emblems. Usually when I tell them they are pleasently surprised.. " dude that's a sweet lookin bike, I'd have never guessed it was a katana" ... as I think to myself, you obviously don't know much about streetbikes do you, the kat's design in general is pretty distinctive if you ask me.

Comment

right on peter!

Long Live the D

Comment

i've removed all stickers and badging on my kat over the winter... i'm curious to see what questions get asked this summer.
                          I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
                          http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

how hard is it to remove the katana stickers?is there clearcoat on them?

Comment

there was no clear coat over any of mine, but it had been repainted once before i did it so getting the stickers off was easy. however, i do believe the stickers on the tank ARE clear cloated in, so that could be a real PIA. good luck

Long Live the D

Comment

Working...
                              X